team associated monster gt reall really stupid question about the main gear

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bails

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hi. I have a team associated monster gt 4.6 that has completely lost drive. The model shop rang me today informing me that I had to source a 'main gear'? They are shut now so I'm unable to clarify with them. My 'main gear' is completely sheared if that helps at all. Are they actually reffering to the 52T spur gear or is the 'main gear' something else? Again I'm sorry ask such a stupid question but I'm a bit of a noob, and the truck is my sons, I know nothing about them. Thanks again, Paul. :(

Last edited:
I also have a monstergt 4.6. I am not sure what the shop is talking about but it does sond like the spur gear. I stripped my spur gear out one night with some heavy bashing. I simply ordered a new gear, installed it and was back up and running

hi. I have a team associated monster gt 4.6 that has completely lost drive. The model shop rang me today informing me that I had to source a 'main gear'? They are shut now so I'm unable to clarify with them. My 'main gear' is completely sheared if that helps at all. Are they actually reffering to the 52T spur gear or is the 'main gear' something else? Again I'm sorry ask such a stupid question but I'm a bit of a noob, and the truck is my sons, I know nothing about them. Thanks again, Paul. :(

Hi Big Bear, thanks for the reply.

I also posted this q in the 'introduce yourself' section and got a lot more help there.

To put it simply the replaced spur gear had my sons truck running for about 10 minutes before the next problem occured.

Please feel free to follow the thread here. https://www.rcnitrotalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62387

As you may be the 1st MGT 4.6 owner I recall comming across, I'm gonna bookmark you as future refence if thats ok with you.

Thanks again,
Bails.

Thats cool. My 4,6 has given me hours of fun. I've only had a few issues with it but nothing major. The biggest problem that I have is I have gone through two pull starts and have ordered my third one. ther than that, a few screws have viberated loose. Needless to say, I do enjoy my truck

HI Big Bear. Thanks for that.

We had the truck out again yesterday and it is now behaving itself impeccably. The only thing is my son likes to take it easy for the first few minutes so that the engine can 'warm up'. Now it has new slightly smaller wheels it seems to be taking just that little bit longer to reach the gear change point. This may or may not be the case. I know I can alter the gear change point but I dont really want to as its running great. Gear change is smooth and slick.

We dont have the problem with the pull start as we only have the hex start option fitted. Thats a good tip though about screws vibrating loose, I guess it only takes 5 minutes to check them before taking it out.

Thanks again,
Bails.

It's a good thing that your son takes the time to warm it up. That's where it's meant to perform at its' best, and that's when it should be tuned. If it runs great from a cold start, it will run too lean when it's warmed up.

Warming Up

Mine is a little cold natured and it takes a few minutes to warm up as well. But once it is at temp and I've dialed it in, it runs great. It will climb some steep hills and also does well when it gets air. Good luck with your Truck