Team associated help with the ntc3 braking only in the front?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

street silence

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
It’s this normal or does it need to brake from both rear & front? Thanks guys

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    319.5 KB · Views: 36
The brake is applied to the drive shaft which will affect front and rear. If rear isnt braking then you need to check if the rear is accelerating properly. If not then something in your rear diff is stripped would be my guess

The AWD works but when I brake it only sends it to the front wheels

The AWD works but when I brake it only sends it to the front wheels
Just out of curiousity what makes you think only the front wheels are breaking? I ask because I dont know how you could have AWD and only front brakes. As Baker said the brake is applied to the front and the back at the same time.

Just out of curiousity what makes you think only the front wheels are breaking? I ask because I dont know how you could have AWD and only front brakes. As Baker said the brake is applied to the front and the back at the same time.
When I’m on the brakes the rear spin freely while the front don’t
nothing was wrong so the brakes do work it just spins freely when it’s on a stand with the wheels on the air but when it’s on the ground it brakes perfectly fine

Last edited:
When I’m on the brakes the rear spin freely while the front don’t
nothing was wrong so the brakes do work it just spins freely when it’s on a stand with the wheels on the air but when it’s on the ground it brakes perfectly fine
when you say it spins freely do you mean while its on the stand and you have the electronics turned on and the brakes applied or just when its sitting there period?

If you do mean when its on the stand and the brakes are applied I'm assuming you mean the rear spins but the front doesn't?

Sorry, trying to wrap my head around this problem

Yea when is on the stand the rear spins & front doesn’t but when it’s on the ground both front & rear work

What you said, when i had it on the stand with the brakes applied the rears would spin freely

That is a solid drive shaft car ,single brake should work both front & rear diffs together ,unless you
are the second owner an the first owner put a 0-way diff in the rear!
A 0-way diff will catch one way ,but will free spin the other way in which may cancel out the brake!
O-ways are normally used on race tracks ,an are usually used in the front diff for cornering!

That is a solid drive shaft car ,single brake should work both front & rear diffs together ,unless you
A 0-way diff will catch one way ,but will free spin the other way in which may cancel out the brake!
O-ways are normally used on race tracks ,an are usually used in the front diff for cornering!
Dang Sensei...Import more previously unknown knowledge my way! @cbaker65

That is exactly what I was thinking, it may be setup for drifting or something.

I am not a racer ,however ,I did learn the hard way when I used a o-way diff in the front
on a car that is for speed runs ,didnt go too well when I was braking at high speeds!..😢

This is why I was concerned the last time I drove it (like last week) it felt like it was braking poorly but it might just be me over thinking. I been toning it righ now for the next run. It only sounds in the air though, when I set the car on a wheeler the brake start working that’s me on the the brakes ont he remote controller
Bro my first 1/10 scale lost signal at like 40mph in to a curb

Back