Tamiya TT02 Build Vids with my 8 Year Old Son

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
My son has been dying to get a YT channel going, so we decided to do one with RC cars. This will eventually be more him than me, but it will be a bit before he is able to go solo. To start off he decided to build the Tamiya GT4 Mustang. And he insisted we did an unboxing first 😁

But here's a sneak peak of the finished chassis...
Screenshot_20210617-214317_Video Player.jpg

Sorry these are so long, but it is more about us building a car together than just watching an RC being put together.

Unboxing

Build Part 1 - We get the spur, axle, and diffs installed.

Build Part 2 - Upper A-arms, motor, and battery hold down installed.

Build Part 3 - Lower A-arms, spindles, shock towers, and shocks installed.

Build Part 4 - We finish up the chassis and get the steering servo, esc, receiver, and wheels/tires installed.

Breydon is away at his mother's, so we will resume with the body when he returns where Breydon will try his hand at airbrushing 😎

Last edited:
Enjoy the time with him. It goes so fast. I subbed to your channel

Yes it does. WAY too fast. Part of the reason for the channel too. I can fire up YT and relive these moments 😉

And thank you for the sub! He calls me every time he gets a new subscriber to tell me the news. So I will get a call today I am guessing 😁

or maybe 2 calls ;)
Thx bro. He comes back this weekend for almost 3 weeks, so we will hopefully be able to wrap this car up.

I took the car out and tested the setup, and the car just goes wherever it wants to because of the crappy front upper arm design. So I just got in some Yeah Racing adjustable upper arms for the front and rear that we need to install. That will give us much needed camber adjustment, and hopfully fix a lot if the slop in the front end.

Just gave the channel a sub matey, nice one for getting it set up, my boys wanted to stream but I’m useless at all this new modern stuff lol
Thanks! My kiddo loves seeing new subs.

It's not hard. We just use an old Galaxy Note to record everything. Then I use an app called Power Director on my phone to put the vids together. It's super simple to use. For the intro and outro I use an app called Intro Maker. Also super simple. Then just upload to zYt, set to public, and use YT Studio to change the thumbnail and any other settings such as comments on and off. Give it a try man. Your kids will love it.

Thanks! My kiddo loves seeing new subs.

It's not hard. We just use an old Galaxy Note to record everything. Then I use an app called Power Director on my phone to put the vids together. It's super simple to use. For the intro and outro I use an app called Intro Maker. Also super simple. Then just upload to zYt, set to public, and use YT Studio to change the thumbnail and any other settings such as comments on and off. Give it a try man. Your kids will love it.
That sounds cool mate, I’ll mention it to the boys see if they’ve got any ideas for content!

Back