T-Maxx 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Acidrain

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I have a T-Maxx 3.3 the engine dies after running full throttle and then releasing the throttle I have three 3.3 engines they all do the same thing so I put l o s 2.5 but still acts the same way after a few minutes of running I tried adjusting the carb but it done the same thing so I took it to the RC shop to have them adjusted and tune it but I still have the same problem anybody have any ideas?

Are you using a fuel filter? Sounds like the carb is blocked and starving fuel. The stock setting are flush inside ring on low and 4-1/2 turns high. Is where I always start. I use fuel with 18% oil lube to. less is best

As I said clean the carb out make sure it's not blocked and set to factory setting and add a fuel filter it will then run.

Are you using a fuel filter? Sounds like the carb is blocked and starving fuel. The stock setting are flush inside ring on low and 4-1/2 turns high. Is where I always start. I use fuel with 18% oil lube to. less is best
I just put a fuel filter on it and put the carb adjustments back to stock position but I'm still having the same problem. Do you think I should just replace the carb??

Use a caliper man measure the low needle depth. It should be .020deep to start. I suspect that you may have blockage inside the carb. When you prime the engine (Block the exhaust and start engine with out igniting glow plug) dose fuel spray out the carb when the air filter removed? It should? If not check the carb for blockage by removing it and leave the fuel line attached open the throttle all the way and prime the engine again . Fuel should poor out. If not then you have blockage. You will have to clean it out.

If it died wot then the engine is not getting enough fuel. 4-1/2 turn is plenty. If it rev's up at start and doesn't idle down and stay running then then low is too lean. The low setting .020 deep measured with a caliper is ok.

Last edited:
Use a caliper man measure the low needle depth. It should be .020deep to start. I suspect that you may have blockage inside the carb. When you prime the engine (Block the exhaust and start engine with out igniting glow plug) dose fuel spray out the carb when the air filter removed? It should? If not check the carb for blockage by removing it and leave the fuel line attached open the throttle all the way and prime the engine again . Fuel should poor out. If not then you have blockage. You will have to clean it out.

If it died wot then the engine is not getting enough fuel. 4-1/2 turn is plenty. If it rev's up at start and doesn't idle down and stay running then then low is too lean. The low setting .020 deep measured with a caliper is ok.
Thanks man I'll try it today and see if it works. Let you know soon

Another problem I found is the stock exhaust can fail causing pressure loss to the tank. So that may be the problem.