T-Bone Racing Ramp 4.0...Opinions?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greywolf74

I'M TO BLAME!
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got an email yesterday from T-Bone saying they had a few of their newest version of folding ramps out, The 4.0. Problem is the last versions had issues. I've looked at the update notes on their page and it seems like theyve made some improvements but I'm not convienced theyre worth no $270 bucks. The other thing I dont like about it is that its a little less than 3ft wide. The wooden ramp I built is 3 ft wide and a lot of times it can be difficult to hit it straight. What do you guys think? Anyone familar with the older style ramps that can look at the new one and see if it really looks upgraded?

Morning... I gotbthat same email this week.. I don't have experience with that particular ramp... I can't see spending the 300$$ on it..with the material that they use to build it... you could build a portable ramp with a better design..and for way cheaper and better quality material. IMO..
One can be made with a plastic abs panel, a couple hinges, and some curved aluminum rails or curve your own out of straight stock.. all found at any homedepot or Lowes.. any home improvement store or even amazon...and there's no special tools needed for bending or curving the rails.. just need patience. And a steedy amount of pressure...
You could even use a C- beam.. that is the same as a 2x4 but made from aluminum.. all that's needed is the beam and tinsnips... lay the beam flat and just snip a bunch of little slits very close to each other..and so they over lap so you can use self tapping screws to reinforce the curve...

Last edited:
Reading through the reviews, one guy shows a pic of some gussets he added to an older version. In the description of the new one it seems they added these. They failed to show good pics of the addition, but you can kinda see some black straps added at the joints in one of the pics. What confuses me about the ramp is why they used wingnuts instead of lock nuts on the bolts holding the ramp down. Looks like a decent design though, and if the one I sent for quoting comes back too expensive I may look into one of these. But I am guessing $150 tops for mine to be made.

One of my biggest issues with this is I feel like theyre over priced by about double what they should be. At least the Russian ones look like you could jump a tank off of them.

One of my biggest issues with this is I feel like theyre over priced by about double what they should be. At least the Russian ones look like you could jump a tank off of them.
Yeah, that one looks wicked, but a bit too heavy for my kid to carry.

Back