Sweet Nitro Pics in the Sand!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdavidhicks

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
...will not be seen tonight because wdavidhicks failed to properly assemble something in the past.

Memorial Day weekend on the Washington coast was a blast. Had sand tires on UberMaxx all ready to mount up for some sand runnin' and I failed the dial-in.

During "pre-beach" testing on our dead-end street and a neighboring lot of leveled dirt I managed to lose all three pull-start assembly mount screws. (Don't ask me how. Don't ask me if I used Loctite when I replaced the pull start about six months ago because I thought I did.)

The exhaust pipe's close proximity to the pull start housing is the only thing that kept the whole pull start from being ejected during these runs. I probably could have lost that little hex-headed shaft the goes into the one-way bearing also.

I didn't bring any spare hardware so all nitro was aborted for the weekend. I'm now home and I have it apart. I thought these machines were all 3mm screws... What size screw goes in the pull start mounts? I didn't even look for 'em because I figured my 3mm hardware collection would cover it.

pullstart.jpg

Here's the sand I wanted to run on... I didn't have a picture of just the beach so here's my 15yr old daughter driving illegally:

beach.jpg

And the leftover spare parts I've accumulated the last two years are being to put to good use on another project. I couldn't get it all assembled for this weekend.

newmaxx.jpg

You might notice some finely-engineered products by scottm or OS engines. The radio gear will be stock except for a servo or two. The tranny case is stock. The shocks are Associateds. The spur will change to an RRP. ProLine's steering kit is already there.

Candyman, those are your old wheels.

I must really like wrench time and I just don't know it.

edit: sorry... and that's a Picco Outlaw .26 in the first pic...

Last edited:
what beach did you go to? i grew up in SW washington so I know that area very well

That was beautiful downtown Ocean Shores in Grays Harbor County.

blah ocean shores is a shithole. lol .... for real beauty gotta check out grayland in pacific county. its a smaller beach but also less crowded... alot less crowded.

hey, thats the exact roll cage I have. Except red.

R/C solutions, right?

rbmaxxbasher said:
hey, thats the exact roll cage I have. Except red.

R/C solutions, right?

Mr. scottm himself!

Back