Super Rock Rey Video (Short)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

King of Bling
Reaction score
I am experimenting with different types of editing. This is the first video where I run music throughout the entire thing. I left the truck audio in though. The video isn't very long or exciting but I wanted to see what it would be like for future productions. I think it came out pretty good. I sort of stretched the end credits and added a final title screen so that I didn't have to cut short the music track. I am still learning but I really enjoy making these video.

Perfect music for this video. Exactly what I was thinking about. The lower levels for the original video sound are nicely adjusted. I have to work on only slowing down parts of each clip. The transition from normal to slo mo in the same clip is an excellent touch. Nicely done Ed. Sucks that the wheel came off.

Good one. I enjoyed it. Every video of the super rock rey just makes me want one even more. You are the devil on my shoulder..."Get one, it's just money..."

Perfect music for this video. Exactly what I was thinking about. The lower levels for the original video sound are nicely adjusted. I have to work on only slowing down parts of each clip. The transition from normal to slo mo in the same clip is an excellent touch. Nicely done Ed. Sucks that the wheel came off.

Here is what I do. I but a break in the video where my run up starts and then another break after the jump lands. So now you have a clip of the jump. At that point you insert two more breaks in the jump clip for where you want the slow motion to go. Then you edit that section to slow the speed down. It's a neat way to highlight landings or other elements within the jump itself.

I didn't touch the volume level of the original video. When I previewed it it just sounded right to me. I got the music from EpidemicSound.com. It's a subsciption based service that provides royalty free music. I went through the heavy metal sub genre and found that song. I loved it immediately.

The wheel came off because I used an Arrma 17mm hex that doesn't have the added lip that the Losi nut has. The truck is probably 23 pounds with batteries and landing with side force on the tire just yanked the hex nut right through the wheel. I have a set of replacement nuts from Losi coming Tuesday.

I am experimenting with different types of editing. This is the first video where I run music throughout the entire thing. I left the truck audio in though. The video isn't very long or exciting but I wanted to see what it would be like for future productions. I think it came out pretty good. I sort of stretched the end credits and added a final title screen so that I didn't have to cut short the music track. I am still learning but I really enjoy making these video.

Awesome!!! musics makes it super cool...!! Well done!

Here is some more information on the wheel that broke. The wheel that broke has a wheel nut from my Typhon on it (I had lost the stock nut). I ended up ordering the nuts for the Super Baja Rey in error, but I took a picture comparing them to the SRR nuts. As you can see there is a significant difference (Super Rock Rey on top, SBR below):

Here is the damage to the wheel:

I think this happened because of the undersized Arrma nut. I won't use one of those again on this truck!

Update - HH is going to warranty the wheel/tire. They are going to send one to my LHS and then I will have to give him the broken one. I was hoping they wouldn't want the wheel back because its fine as a spare for weight purposes. But in any event I will have 5 working wheels again. My LHS owner made the call. HH first asked him why I just don't use the spare, lol. He told him because I want 5 good tires not 4 :ROFLMAO:

Back