Super G-Maxx (SuperMaxx/GorillaMaxx)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chase023

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hey there.. I am new to this forum. RC Jack recommended me to check out his thread on the nitro forum and I say its sweet.

I thought I would share my E-Maxx with this community.

You might not believe it but this one is really more of a basher!
Yah it has its bling but its a basher dang it!! :argue: :boxing: :cheers:

Here is the new dawn of a New E-Maxx separate from my Stock one. Yes I do have a basher Stocker as well.

A slew of Parts arrived!
Supermaxx and GorillaMaxx parts and those GA 7075 Bulks.
I still have a bunch of parts I didn't photo. I don't know how some of you do it, but I can't wait to rip into em and its hard for me to just grab the camera to take a pic sometimes before I rip into the packages.
E-Maxx%20Parts%20Listing%20000.JPG

SuperMaxx%20Parts%20000.JPG

Very Shiny.. I really like these arms.
G3%20Suspension%20001.JPG

GorillaMaxx%20Chassis.JPG

That E-maxx tranny is all aluminum.. No plastic at all.. Even the shifter..Just like my Juggernaut project!
Someone just had to mention I had too much plastic in my tranny!! LOL Look what they made me do!
E-Maxx%20Tranny%200001.JPG

I will be using Mod one Custom Spur gears and Custom Pinions made out of Hardened Steel to replace those 32 pitch gears.

I will be looking at more parts from UE, Gorillamaxx, Integy, HardCore, MIP, Plettenberg, Schulze, and others.

I must say tho, I was such a Jugg2/TXT-1/Clod fan but after getting an stock E-Maxx and then upgrading it, I really like the E-Maxx.
I am still more of a Juggy/TXT-1/Clod fan but my liking for the E-Maxx has grown.
Well here is a mock up before some of the driveline parts arrived.

At this config, it only weighed around 5 lbs 4 oz. Not too shabby!
M-23%20001.JPG

Here is the assembly right now, tho I do have the body mounted and drilled.
M-23%20A%20000.JPG

As you can see at this config without batteries, one 8mm Steel CVD, body posts, wheels/tires, spur, and pinion gear, it still only weighs 7 lbs 0.5 oz which isn't too bad. A stock E-Maxx weighs around 10.8 lbs. Gotta see if I can keep this truck lower than stock with all aluminum.

M-23%20A%20015.JPG

M-23%20A%20016.JPG

Here is the Extended F-350 Body I am going to use. I really like this body.
I am little sad that I had to cut into this body to accomodate the motor and the front/rear bumper mounts. Oh well.. I gotta learn to cut lexan better. (I'll post pics of the cut body later)
M-23%20A%20022.JPG

M-23%20A%20023.JPG

M-23%20A%20029.JPG

M-23%20A%20030.JPG

M-23%20A%20035.JPG

I was gonna go all silver but why not try for a purple Super G-Maxx. Might as well.. I think it looks sweet.. What do you think?? I hope to get this up and running soon.

Gotta go get me some 40 series Mashers and Bow Ties. Too bad the Proline 40 series wheels are so ugly.. Mambo and Velocity 6.. bah humbug!!!

Here is the body.

I did some minor cuts to the body to accomodate the motor.
I really like this F-350 Extended body. I added a motor cover and a wing out of thicker lexan sheets.

Moskito%20F-350%20000.JPG

Moskito%20F-350%20001.JPG

Moskito%20F-350%20003.JPG

Moskito%20F-350%20010.JPG

You're probably wondering, why the heck doesn't he have any wheels and tires after all that? Its a story for another day. LOL
Anyhow, Yes they are on their way but I will have to settle with Proline 40 series Velocity 6 with 40 series Mashers until I get my Custom wheels. I did get an extra set of 40 series bowties just incase the mashers don't hold up and perform too well. I can't wait till I get some custom 40 series beadlocks and yes I will emphasize less weight on these compared to my Jugg2 and TXT-1 beadlocks.

The JuggMaxx/JumboMaxx custom beadlock wheels with tires on that I have are about 1 lbs 9 oz and the TXT-1 Custom Beadlocks with Tires on my TXT-1 are about 1 lbs 6.8 ozs, which aren't too bad considering I didn't care too much about weight and those are more traditional straight axle looking Monster Trucks anyhow.

I will duct tape the insides of the tires to help it from ballooning up. It might help but not sure if it will cure it.

Yeah I ended up throwing away a set of tires.. I am almost going to with my second as well. LOL

Finally some pics with wheels on. Only thing missing is now the Spur and pinion to run it. I could just slap on the strobe and use the Ofna for now but I guess I will have to think about it before I buy another set just to test my E-Maxx. (The First set was sent out to get it modified to have custom single piece spur gears)

By the way I am waiting on my custom 3D beadlock wheels so we will see!

This E-Maxx is costly but it doens't compare to my Juggy tho hehe..

Anyhow here are some new pics I took today..
I might have to lower the ride slightly.
M-23%20B%20019.JPG

M-23%20B%20016.JPG

M-23%20B%20022.JPG

M-23%20B%20005.JPG

M-23%20B%20006.JPG

M-23%20B%20012.JPG

M-23%20B%20015.JPG

I am still waiting on my Skid plate and wheelie bar.

I made another run and dang in 5 mins I stripped all 4 hexes on my Velocity 6 40 series wheels, unglued all 4 tires, and put a bunch of bumps all over my suspension arms due to spinning out on a small pebble road. I also damaged my batteries and I have to take apart and resolder and re-shrink wrap some cells.

Even with the 65T spur and 24T pinion, its still a monster and very violent especially on the launches if you don't watch the throttle. The pinion never stays on so I will be happy whenever I get my Module 1 thick pinions made.

Oh yeah, I also detached my rear wing, but one good note is that the new G3 Upper Beefier A-Arms held up in a few crashes. I will still have to see how it does on my next run after I fix a bunch of small things.

I really gotta get a ramp and jump this and see it fly. I am assuming I can probably do 30-35 mph+ on first gear and in the mid and high 40s in 2nd gear. That is just a guess but it is really quick in either gear. I need a radar gun or GPS to get some real actual MPH but I must say its fast regardless.

Cleaned up the Super G-Maxx, replaced the Wheelie bar, replaced stock with purple HardCore body cross braces, and etc.
I need to go create a custom wheelie bar because I don't think this one will hold without a brace on the bumper. It fell apart a few times due to the power of the P-BMaxximum.

Super%20G-Maxx%20000.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20002.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20001.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20003.JPG

A few weeks ago, I made another run and dang in 5 mins I stripped all 4 hexes on my Velocity 6 40 series wheels, unglued all 4 tires, and put a bunch of bumps all over my suspension arms due to spinning out on a small pebble road. I also damaged my batteries and I have to take apart and resolder and re-shrink wrap some cells.

Even with the 65T spur and 24T pinion, its still a monster and very violent especially on the launches if you don't watch the throttle. The pinion never stays on so I will be happy whenever I get my Module 1 thick pinions made.

Oh yeah, I also detached my rear wing, but one good note is that the new G3 Upper Beefier A-Arms held up in a few crashes. I will still have to see how it does on my next run after I fix a bunch of small things.

I really gotta get a ramp and jump this and see it fly. I am assuming I can probably do 30-35 mph+ on first gear and in the mid and high 40s in 2nd gear. That is just a guess but it is really quick in either gear. I need a radar gun or GPS to get some real actual MPH but I must say its fast regardless.

Cleaned up the Super G-Maxx, replaced the Wheelie bar, replaced stock with purple HardCore body cross braces, and etc.
I need to go create a custom wheelie bar because I don't think this one will hold without a brace on the bumper. It fell apart a few times due to the power of the P-BMaxximum.

Super%20G-Maxx%20000.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20002.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20001.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20003.JPG

I had to throw away my Velocity 6 wheels and the Mashers because they were too damaged on the hex and the tires were just gone and too stuck to the wheel. :smackbutt: (I like this smiley!) haha

Anyhow here are some final pics of the Super G-Maxx..
I just massively messed up the body and the rear bumper and wheelie bar. These pics are just before I did all the damage lol.. All fixed now until the next run.

I hope to get some more vids soon, but next vids will have a ramp and some jumps.

Super%20G-Maxx%20A%20006.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20A%20007.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20A%20011.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20A%20012.JPG

Super%20G-Maxx%20A%20013.JPG

Here is a vid of my first test run that was done a long while back.

Here is 1 video clip split into 4.

My Stock E-Maxx and my Super G-Maxx is running in the videos. In the clips there is a good amount of footage of the Stock E-Maxx as well.

Enjoy!
Super G-Maxx Test Run Part 1 (4.7 Megs)
Super G-Maxx Test Run Part 2 (8.3 Megs)
Super G-Maxx Test Run Part 3 (8.0 Megs)
Super G-Maxx Test Run Part 4 (10.8 Megs)

That Gorilla Maxx came out beautiful man... Really nice setup you got there..

Damn, that thing is VERY nice! G-maxx makes a CF chassis like that too, right? I saw one at a hobbyshop w/ the CF chassis and it looked sweet as well.

wow chase, thats thing is saweet! Very shiny...

so I need to ask.....what do you have in that lil bugger? cash wise.....my friend stopped doing his cause he said he's gonna go broke finishing it....I never asked him how much he had in it....

It's a nice looking rig! But.... integy? I'd get that stuff off there before it hex's the whole project!

Can I ask why you have the motor sticking straight up and not off to the side to keep it from being so tall? Just curious as it looks like you can mount it off to the side with the way it's bolted to the bracket by the spur.

Nice looking rig.

whoa, I just noticed those little adapters on the arms where the shocks mount. Are those part of the g-maxx kit or what?

Yeah, I think they are. I remember seeing them in a magazine as part of the g-maxx kit. They allow for the lower angle of the shock towers so the bottom of the shock doesn't bind up. It's a very trick setup.

How much and how old are you?

If you don't mind.

That is BY FAR the sweetest E-Maxx (G-Maxx) I have ever seen!!!!!! Great job! That thing absolutely rules...

Thanks for the replies.

Plaidfish: How much in this little bugger? well say as much or more than your avg SuperMaxx. Hehe

Jammin: I haven't tried the Flextec. If I was going to upgrade my G3 Suspension, I would go with RacerX from UE.
Right now the G3 beefed up upper A-Arm holds up well for now.

olds97_lss: Your Avatar Rocks. Yeah I know, Integy blah blah but think of it this way. Only Integy I have are the skid plates, Shocks and Front/rear Bumper. Now Integy being known for bending easy, might as well use them where they would absorb the impact and easily be replaced. They serve their purpose heh. The motor is sticking in the middle because it balances the ride perfectly. It kinda looks high but trust me it handles really good. People keep saying its high but if you look at it with your own eyes on the floor, it ain't bad and it works for me. Yes you can mount it to the side but I prefer it to the center for balance.

cvec7: Yes those adapters are part of the G3 Suspension.

BADNBADN: How much? well I'll just say its a few K. haha.. LOL I am 29 but I act 19.

Buggyracer28: Thanks for the praise.

I'll give some updates..

I am on the process of getting Module 1 Hardened Steel Pinions from like 12T to 27T made.
I am also getting Hardened Steel Module 1 spurs as well. I am testing out Hardened Steel on Hardened Steel for the spur and pinion.

Here are some prototype pics. Well later on I will get them slotted and holes to save weight and etc.

Module%201%20Gears%20000.jpg

Many do say that you get metal shavings on metal to metal when its metal pinion on metal spur and I have experienced it with brass pinions on hardened steel spur but I am testing out my set-up now to see if it endures.

Actually I have had 2 runs and there are no flakes or any wear yet. So we will see.

chase who does the custom gears?
can you post link to a site for them?

I will be selling the custom gears. I hope to put up a webpage later for parts and etc. I am in the process of getting started and maybe offer parts but it won't be for a little bit. This is only a small venture for fun.

I will even offer servo clamps like these if anyone is interested.
Servo%20Clamp%202.jpg

I will have 3 sizes. Don't know how many sizes there are but 3 for now.

are you only doing gears for the E-maxx?
I'm interested in prices for Center Diff Spur Gears for a truggy

Prices, well I don't know yet because I am still testing the gears out.

The gears can be universal, but I am concentrating for the E-Maxx.

they need to have a specific mounting and a routed lip for the edge of the cup to use in a buggy drivetrain....it's a littel different than a T-Maxx spur gear...also different pitch I believe