sup everyone need some advice

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ralphr1

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Looking for a great motor for my hpi rs4 3 evo

I want the os 18 ta but I don't know witch one to get they tell me there's a turbo one sounds like its gonna be hard to tune

personally i dont like it i think the hpi rs4 3 evo is a good car i own it and traxxas fourtech is also a great car

thats the same car u showed me before i think redcat is no good personall opinion only cars i would buy is hpi rs4 3 evo or the nitro 4 tech

yer there good and all but as i am only 15 years of age and unemployed, I'm kinda on a tight budget at the moment. i would love a hpi rs4 3 evo but way to pricey if you get what I'm sayin!

so just hold off or go on craigslist they have these on there for 100 bucks used just take an adult with u and check out what it has like extras

---------- Post added at 9:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:06 PM ----------

ur from australia do u have alot of pavement like concrete in ur area or is it more like grass and stuff cause these on road cars need smooth pavement i mean smooth any little rocks makes them fly up

its just asphalt, but its pretty smooth road. no loose rocks or anything about. and thanks ill check em out.

Heres the way you have to look at it. Yes you'll save some cash by buying a cheaper rc car but by the time you upgrade the car to where the rs4 is, you'll be pretty much at the cost of the rs4 in the long run. Another thing you'll have to look at is how easily can you get parts for the cheaper rc car? Almost everyone carries stock parts for hpi whereas I'm sure not everyone carries parts for the other car which is huge considering if you break a part, who knows how long it will take to get to you. I have an hpi nitro rs42 which is 10+ years old and I can still find some parts. Hope this helps, Steve.

kept looking into it I'm left with the os 18tz but dont know how to buy it slide carb or rotary carb and whats that about turbo

srusinek you make a great point, never thought of that. but i am only fifteen and a (beginner) and only have a few hundred dollars.

---------- Post added at 2:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:27 PM ----------

what about electric ones, how long can the batteries run for on one single charge

One note, not to drift aside the topic, but I have owned the Traxxas Nitro 4tec 3.3, and to say the least, if your not experianced with onroad & fast speeds, stay away from this car. The 3.3 in that car makes it MOVE, and I mean FAST! One thing I hate about the 4tec, is that its belt driven 4wheel drive & absolutly no belt protection from rocks & debris off the road, and the belts are a joke to replace...

Thats my .02 on that car.

Also, you dont need to make seperate topics for the same general question on engine type, you can ask all your RS4 needs on your original thread.

doesn't need to be to fast, just enough to be able to learn the ropes and start to go faster and get faster at it. i play alot of car games, Juiced, Juiced2, Need for Speed etc. i know the concept of drifting. want to know if an electric car would be worth the money?

Id say so, no hassles of tuning, and I have seen some nice E10 drift cars as well.

id love to get one but to get a descent run out of an electric you have to buy heaps dear batteries. still tossing up between electric or nitro.