Stupid LHS...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

h8z2luze

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I love my LHS but the one time I really need a part they decided to close at 3 lol. I went to another half rc half other stuff store and he asked me if the savage is a truck or a car i just said nevermind and walked out lol.

Trust me..

i drive my revo on the days they are open LOL.. like i said on YIM. get use to it because that day u wanna drive it when they are closed something breaks.

Well once you've been in the hobby for any length of time, you learn that when you make a trip to the hobby shop, pick up an extra of whatever broke, plus 2 or 3 other spare parts. Pretty soon, you will have enough parts stashed up, that when stuff breaks, you don't even have to think about making a trip to the LHS.

That's why you should have 2 of every thing. Possibly 3...

I have enough parts for my jato and aftershock that I could pretty much run over either with a real car and be ready to go in a few hours. Not that I'd want to... I'd probably cry knowing all the work I'd put into my aftershock this winter... ok, set the 1:1 car on fire, then fix my aftershock.

I've got one hobby store here that is open 6 days a week. I won't deal with him. Prices are too high and he acts like he is doing you a favor to sell ya something.
One here that is open 3 days a week. Doesn't have much.
Guy that I fly with has a small one. It's open some evenings.

So I usually drive an hour to Tazewell. It is a lot smaller town than I live in, but there are 2 great hobby shops within a mile of each other.

Consider yourself lucky that you have a good one close.

Ya I know I just wanted to bitch lol.

i hate it when they tell you they have a part and then you ask the price and they say, well actually we don't stock it. That one always burns me up. I called today to see if they had a cvd rebuild kit and he said no and that they didn't plan to ever carry any TC5 parts because the car is outdated and touring cars aren't popular.

My LHS will order ANYTHING I ask for, even if they don't stock it. It's not a matter of what store it is, but who owns the franchise and how well they deal with customer support.
They recently moved into a much bigger store in a brand new complex, so it's good to know they'll be around for a long time.

Ya mine will order anything I want for sure :) but then again if they are going to order it I might as well do it myself...

Mine carries pretty much every brand I can think of (including Redcat Racing *shiver*) and if they don't have it they'll order it, with the exception of ordering Byron's fuel (all they carry is Traxxass and Trinity).

yeah we have three little mom and pop hobbie shops about 45 minutes from where i live one guy is overpriced and when i told him that he said well people will still buy it so.

the other two are great if one doesn't have it the other one does and there within three blocks of each other but i wish we had one closer

Kinda ticks me off when they say "we can order it." With all the hobby shops on-line, I can order it. Be here faster too.

Don't get me wrong. If there was a good one local, I would sure try to buy there.

I love my LHS but the one time I really need a part they decided to close at 3 lol. I went to another half rc half other stuff store and he asked me if the savage is a truck or a car i just said nevermind and walked out lol.

Who is your LHS?

You are pretty close to AMainHobbies. Have you ever been there?

Kinda ticks me off when they say "we can order it." With all the hobby shops on-line, I can order it. Be here faster too.

Don't get me wrong. If there was a good one local, I would sure try to buy there.

I hear you there. The closest one for me is 50 miles away. With gas at the price that it is and getting 25MPG, it costs me $16 just to be there. Shipping is half that!

Who is your LHS?

You are pretty close to AMainHobbies. Have you ever been there?

They are supposed to be opening a storefront in Chico but i havent heard anything else about it. They put hobytown USA out of business cause thats where that guy was getting his stock from lol.

But here in Oroville we have R&R Racing collectibles they used to only have memrobilia but now they bought the storefront next to them and changed their store into a RC shop and the other half into a clothing store like the underground or zumiez. Brands like skin, tapout, no fear... stuff like that. It's really cool cause i take my girl with me she goes to the clothes part and i go to the RC part lol.

here is the link to their site thats not finished lol..

http://www.randrracingstore.com/

Last edited:
Back