Stuck Traxxas xmaxx wheels

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamesp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
My wheels on stuck on my xmaxx, the plastic is deformed and suck on hubs. II'vebeen looking for a wheel puller / gear puller so i can put pressure on center hub, is that a thing?

My wheels on stuck on my xmaxx, the plastic is deformed and suck on hubs. II'vebeen looking for a wheel puller / gear puller so i can put pressure on center hub, is that a thing?
Nothing specifically for large scale RCs that I'm aware of.

I found a wheel/ gear puller by Mascot hobby, it might work. The arms hook around plastic wheel and screw puts pressure on center hub.

I had a similar thing happen. I removed the hub carrier from the truck and placed it over a vice opened wider than the hub carrier. With a wooden dowel and a tack hammer I tapped my hub out of the wheel.

Thanks for the help, i ordered a wheel/gear puller made specifically for stuck wheels. I didn't know that such a thing was sold.

Got a link to it?

shopping.jpeg

I got my Traxxas Xmaxx used, they used a impact drill to tighten wheel nut. When they used a impact it cut a groove in plastic wheel so it got hung up on aluminum treads, I just need something I can hook on wheel and put pressure on center hub.

I got my Traxxas Xmaxx used, they used a impact drill to tighten wheel nut. When they used a impact it cut a groove in plastic wheel so it got hung up on aluminum treads, I just need something I can hook on wheel and put pressure on center hub.
Pics would help. But that puller you ordered is nowhere near big enough to grab an X-Maxx wheel.

If it's torqued on I usually use a screw driver in the tire tool or an actual socket and rachet.

It the threads are damaged I would lightly Dremel the nut off to save what ever possible.

I measured it, it just has to grab a wheel spoke

IMG_20231210_113008_01.jpg

2 came off ex other 2 are stuck, arms on tool move up and down.

Back