stripped motor mounting screw holes

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stampede kidd

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
hey I just got my speed gems pro 2 and it has been great but I think I dicked around and took it out too much and now my holes are stripped where you mount it to your truck. I have tried lock tight and glueing in the screws but that only works well I drive it gently. Now who wants to do that what should I do or will i have to get a new motor or can i just get a new motor can or maybe bigger screws. thanks Eric

I'd have to look up the size but I've used self tapping screws, the size is/was pretty standard on all Tamiya cars and trucks.

thanks keep them coming
eric

I just did the same thing with my Team Orion Baja in my Mini-T... jeez, you can't put any torque on that thing whatsoever before it starts to give way.. It's practically a brand new engine too... :( Anybody think it would be feasible to drill the holes oh so slightly larger and cram a couple 2.5mm screws in there? I think the stock size is 2.2 or 2.3

UMMM lessen...Did you see this thread was from 04?
Or were you just digging?

just diggin for info, didn't want to start a new thread based on the same question. The search is my friend :)

*cookie for lessen* About the only thing I do is a new can on the motor, and chalk it up to experience. Or, if it's a micro or non-rebuildable, slightly oversized self-tappers, cut to length.

Actually, I was able to solve the problem, however I was wrong about the size. I self tapped a couple of 3mm screws into the original holes. I also had to modify the motor plate slightly to accept the larger screws. Good to go now

Back