Stretched 6s Arrma Terps Typhon

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smilinbri

"Honey, where's my RC credit card?"
Lifetime Supporter!
Supporter
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Yesterday I completed my first "stretching" of a Typhon, my Terps Typhon. :thumbs-up: 😁

Went ahead and did some upgrades too while I had him apart.

• Kraton chassis
  • New TLR wing
  • Typhon Front and Kraton rear M2C chassis braces
  • Aluminum servo link
  • Aluminum servo mount
  • HR aluminum steering bellcrank
  • HR aluminum steering blocks
  • 135mm Kraton rear dogbone
  • Replaced receiver R6FG with the R7FG for better distance
  • Replaced motor mount screws with 3mm flanged screws from McMasters-Carr
  • Added front and rear lights
  • Red Aluminum wing buttons
  • 2x 40mm Surpass Rocket fans in a Power Hobbybmotor mount
  • 1x 40mm Surpass Rocket fan installed on ESC with custom made fan holder from an Arrma Forum member! Works great!!
  • Power Hobby Belted Gripper tires
Took it out tonight for a shake down. Def have some steering binding going on that needs looked into. Also want to raise the front body post. Still had a blast on d/w and my street. The lights look awesome!

20221008_182434.jpg

20221008_182501.jpg

20221008_182716.jpg

20221008_184106.jpg

20221008_190906.jpg

20221008_190816.jpg

20221008_191208_2.gif

VideoCapture_20221008-193130.jpg

20221005_212414.jpg

20221006_224027.jpg

20221006_224704.jpg

Looks good. Just out of curiosity, what was the motivation behind it? Just to do it or you trying to set it up for speed runs or something?

That's a bad arse looking rig.
Thanks!!!

Looks good. Just out of curiosity, what was the motivation behind it? Just to do it or you trying to set it up for speed runs or something?
Lol...long story, but since you asked....😜

I'm just a "Let's see what this thing can do" speed runner newbie. I'm not into it like the serious guys are. Not worried about it being perfectly set up for speed running. Heck, I'm still running all stock electronics in most my rigs. 😅 Plus I still haven't found anywhere good to run on yet.

Never was into street. Got an almost like new Typhon 6s off Craigslist on a whim. Put street shoes on and LOVED IT! So this was going to be my street bashing rig.

Little later grabbed the Mega Infraction on scratch and dent sale and turned it into a 4s. Okay, so now this will be my street basher and the Terps Typhon will be my mini-off road basher/street basher, I'll just keep swapping tires.

THEN, a few weeks later I won another 6s Typhon on a Arrma Forum raffle. Well crappers, now what? 🤔

But wait, the addiction continues.....bought a Felony 8s C8 Corvette from another AF member who had a Castle XLX2 set up in it. Already hit 71mph with it just bashing around in a parking lot. 😍 I'll get it geared for speed runs one day.

So the new Typhon was converted to a MT type basher and the Terps Typhon will be my speed run/street basher rig. Stretched it for that, bc of inspiration from some good peeps on AF, cuz it looks bad a$$, more stable and cuz I could.

(I guess I could have just answered with that last sentence. But what fun would that be!!??!! 🤪😁✌️:thumbs-up:🤪😂✌️
20221007_081700.jpg
GH030053_1665148863517.JPG
20220926_191316.jpg
VideoCapture_20220927-160757.jpg

20220930_102948.jpg
20220930_103959.jpg

20220913_154822.jpg

Thanks!!!

Lol...long story, but since you asked....😜

I'm just a "Let's see what this thing can do" speed runner newbie. I'm not into it like the serious guys are. Not worried about it being perfectly set up for speed running. Heck, I'm still running all stock electronics in most my rigs. 😅 Plus I still haven't found anywhere good to run on yet.

Never was into street. Got an almost like new Typhon 6s off Craigslist on a whim. Put street shoes on and LOVED IT! So this was going to be my street bashing rig.

Little later grabbed the Mega Infraction on scratch and dent sale and turned it into a 4s. Okay, so now this will be my street basher and the Terps Typhon will be my mini-off road basher/street basher, I'll just keep swapping tires.

THEN, a few weeks later I won another 6s Typhon on a Arrma Forum raffle. Well crappers, now what? 🤔

But wait, the addiction continues.....bought a Felony 8s C8 Corvette from another AF member who had a Castle XLX2 set up in it. Already hit 71mph with it just bashing around in a parking lot. 😍 I'll get it geared for speed runs one day.

So the new Typhon was converted to a MT type basher and the Terps Typhon will be my speed run/street basher rig. Stretched it for that, bc of inspiration from some good peeps on AF, cuz it looks bad a$$, more stable and cuz I could.

(I guess I could have just answered with that last sentence. But what fun would that be!!??!! 🤪😁✌️:thumbs-up:🤪😂✌️
View attachment 153799View attachment 153800View attachment 153801View attachment 153802
View attachment 153805View attachment 153804

View attachment 153803
Thats cool. I was just curious. Love the 8S Felony! I've bought a couple of small upgrades for mine but its still on 6S stock electronics for now.

Looks awesome bud I love my typhon 6s it’s my first electric I have two nitro kyosho mp9 s.
I gotta say the typhon is off it’s head

Looks awesome bud I love my typhon 6s it’s my first electric I have two nitro kyosho mp9 s.
I gotta say the typhon is off it’s head
Thanks man! I have 2 Typhons and will probably get a 3rd later down the road. They are so versatile. Love em!!

Back