Stock servos keep going out!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
I have a Slash two wheel drive VXL! I have installed the low cg chassi on it, and for some reason it keeps chewing up the gears in the stock servos. Yes it installed properly, and the servos is 2075. Number of stock part of I am not mistaking. Anybody out there had a similaiar issue?

I have a Slash two wheel drive VXL! I have installed the low cg chassi on it, and for some reason it keeps chewing up the gears in the stock servos. Yes it installed properly, and the servos is 2075. Number of stock part of I am not mistaking. Anybody out there had a similaiar issue?
Those servos are notorious for failing. Get yourself a Savox or Hitek or even one of the cheap Amazon metal geared servos.

Those servos are notorious for failing. Get yourself a Savox or Hitek or even one of the cheap Amazon metal geared servos.
Ok do they keep going out because they are cheap? I use the same servos in my rustler and they never go out like they do since I installed that low cg chassi on my slash!

Ok do they keep going out because they are cheap? I use the same servos in my rustler and they never go out like they do since I installed that low cg chassi on my slash!
Yeah, most RTR servos are crap. Especially the Traxxas ones.

Are you running a servo saver? Is your steering smooth? Or is there any bind in it?

I am running a servo safer and there's no binding

traxxas electronics suck. Get rid if it. Get a savox servo bud much better off you will only keep haven't problems with the traxxas ones. All plastic gears not worth it.
Doesn't matter saver or not the all traxxas servos and esc WILL fail at one point or another. There good cheap ones on Amazon if you don't want. To spen the $$ on the higher end servos. But go with the annimos 25kg or higher and there's a blue one I forget the name same strength or higher
. Buy personally I would go Savox servo there waterproof and a bunch of different sizes and strengths...

Last edited:
Back