Stinking Printer's Wigging Out

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pirata

RCTalk VIP
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Maybe the newest fault my roommate might have left while I was away, my printer it wigging out. I can't really notice a repetitive pattern to the problem, aside from the fact that it's not normal. Sometimes it will print fine. Other's it will print 1/4 of the page and spit the paper out and either spit a second sheet out with nothing, a second sheet with something or not spit a piece of paper at all like everything was good to go.

Had I just been printing the basic BS here and there it would only have been annoying but since I will be printing cd labels soon it might turn into a classic case of pissing me the hell off!

I looked into reinstalling it but since XP knows my printer it never really had to be installed, unless I am doing it wrong, probably so.

Anyone?

Most likely a printer over run issue. Too much information for the printer to handle at one shot. Despite the huge printer driver database that comes with MS operating systems, it can't hurt to make sure you have the latest and greatest driver version for your printer. You might want to go to the printer manufacturer's site and make sure you have the latest version.

The rest sounds like print settings issues.

Sky is absolutely dead on.
99% of all printer issues are driver related. If you installed your printer using the stock XP driver, your lucky it even works.

Post the EXACT model number of your printer and I will give you a link to the proper driver.

Could be that over run. I did hit HP and dl their latest drivers for my printer.

Did you get the XP driver?
Their site can be a bit confusing.

To properly install the driver you should first un-install the existing driver, re-boot then install the new one. When installing the new driver follow the instructions to the letter this my include un-plugging your printer from the computer before loading the software.

Just checking.

LMAO,

EP:The wheel fell off my truck, the lug nuts all came off but I put them back on.

FE: Did you use a lug wrench to tighten them?

EP: No, If they comes off again, Ill give that a try.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH :doh:

Back