still no clue on what....

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UltegraSTI

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
monster to get for next yr. (hyper will prolly get sacrificed in favor of it, dont want 2 cars).

like goin 2 the track and racing for fun on club level, but i wouldnt mind sittin out on the hood of my car or on the deck out back and run it back n 4th on the stone driveway and grass, maybe chase the cats from next door away.

not super serious about this stuff anymore, dont need full blown racer. just somethin that can hold its own, have a good time and be in the pack. then can take out on a summer evening and rip around the big yard.

i was real impressed by the savage that i saw at the track. the LST is neat too, lil pricey and i have a nice radio (mx3-guess radio 4 the truck would depend on whether it goes w/the buggy). i like the mgt, but is it 2 heavy and lite on motor? the TNX is nice, but a lil too race, but moreover...no parts support. i think i wanna go 1/8th anyway, like the bigger 1s. the revo is neat, but i hear the engine is a bear, and now they have differential issues?

4 trucks the local shop stock AE, traxxas, and hpi parts. they sell the LST, idk how much in parts they will/plan 2 carry. i dont wanna dump $$$ in a bunch of trick parts, just wanna run it. yeh most all the trucks will want the right tires 4 the track, that i u/s. beyond that, i dont wanna do full blown.

(idk bout others, but even w/stocking parts and what others run, isnt there part of u that wants somethin different than any1 else despite consequences lol.)

plz help/advise. thx!!!

-Ult

Most hobbyshops stock trinity parts. The new trinty spider is 500 and come with a decent engine. The ofna blazer sst is cool also. I'm lookin at the hpi mt2 ss.

Being different is always that annoying voice in the back of your mind.

I look at the savage like a pie at a picnic... 300000 ants can't all be wrong... must have been good pie!

The savage is the same way. It's built tough and mean with the basher in mind. The revo is definitly designed for racing and it's 1/10 scale.

Maybe you'd prefer something like the XTM mammoth. Not real expensive, but fast, low and relatively bash worthy. Aside from the shock towers, but a good roll cage would help you get around that. And you would be buying something everyone doesn't already have. I've looked at the mammoth, but the pie at the picnic theory won me over with the savage. Besides, I have no interest in racing and the savage does what I want.

I'm not sure if this is right but i think you said you had a radio already so i think the savage ss kit would probably suit you and you can just put racing parts on it when your building it.idk though the mamoth may be better low cost, fast, bash worthy like olds said.

I just suggested the mammoth because I haven't heard much about it that was bad, but I also haven't heard or read many people having it.

The only things I've read that are it's weak spots are the shocktowers and chassis flex. But I believe rc-solutions makes a good roll cage for it that should fix both problems.

The savage is the basher to beat in my book.

I would go with the Savage it is reliable and a blast to drive, if your interested in the LST you might wanna wait a while on it as it seems to have a few things that still need worked out with it.

I have had a Savage, and liked it alot, pretty heavy, but tough and lot of part and hopups for it. I currently have mammoth, it is HUGE. I have done alot of research on the Mammoth and I think it can be made pretty bash worthy, the cage will do this or you can make some braces for it also. I liked it because you can use a starterbox with it and I was going to put a high end race engine in it. It is fast out of the box, probably the fastest MT stock, but is overgeared and that leads to clutch problems(optional gearing available) It does come with a great stock engine and servos are OK. If I was choosing over these two it would be hard, both have good and bad points, if your Lhs stocks savage parts then you should go for the savage. I personally haven't seen a revo yet, but I have one on the way and think it might be better then both the mammoth or savage. Lighter, easier for a new person to run, fast and pretty durable, upgradable(more and more available every day), drop in a medium or BB engine and go bash....all are good choices, have fun! :cheers:

The Nor Cal Bash MT results. Now having had 1 original T Maxx and then going on to build two 21 Maxxes and another Mutant Maxx I thought that I was finished with Traxxas...Wrong. We started with 11 RC's and ended up with 4 still running at the end of the bash. 3 of the 4 were Revos. FastEddy was kind enough to let me take his out for a spin. HumboldtBlazer systematically tried to destroy his but it was still running. I'm not only impressed with its handling capabilities but also its durability. One of the techs at the lhs has one with the Sirio 23. That may be a tough combination to beat.

What was the other truck still runing?

well i'm not new, just not around 4 a while hehe. mostly at the track, but as far as around the yard, just runnin around, not flying off of stuff like some of these crazy videos.

mammoth, dont know much about it. think i saw 1 w/a cage, wasn't impressed it had i think very short tires on it and he cldnt make a lap w/o somethin broken. somewthin w/driveshaft or hub somethin... idk

appreciate the replies, keep em comin. i did think of the savage ss possibility.

any thoughts on the mgt

basically down 2 the mgt, lst, revo, savage. maybe i'll research this mammoth thing if i can find out more about it.

-Ult

fisherman said:
What was the other truck still runing?

Blah's Savage 25 was still intact. My Savage SS was still running as well but had shed some parts that were not really needed. I lost both front and rear sway bars (not good for juming), and also lost my rear mounted second fuel tank. It was however still running with no real major damage.

My LST lost a couple of arms and bent a rod on its maiden jump.

Someday we may get to see some more pics from the bash. :whistle:

I own a Mammoth, only had it a couple of days, havent really had a chance to run the truck hard yet. It seems real tough and very easy to work. The 24.7 is very powerful. I own an X-T also with the same motor and I have really enjoyed the power. XTM also has great support and customer service. http://globalservices.globalhobby.com/globalforum/viewforum.php?f=10
(I did burn up the clutch right after break-in, tried to go over a curb at a dead stop so I ordred the slider) you might try that site above it is the global forum for the XTM Mammoth

eh, lhs doesn't stock that stuff, nor parts, so i'll pass. 1 guy who has 1 here already has that issue. so no mammoth.

i will say i almost bought a GS SUT i think it is. yeh its a truggy, but i can use a bump box w/it and its a nice truck good price, and a FM radio. idk.

but i'm gonna go w/somethin that has parts well in stock i feel.

that means AE, HPI, traxxas. some support for GS, OFNA (truggy), and Losi

i'll figure it out, any more info is welcome

-Ult

The GS SUT is one hell of a truck, and they just came out with the pro version. I plan on getting a MT this winter as well so I'll keep my eye on this thread.

My father has a MGT and its fast, he put an XTM 24.7pro in it and the thing is scary fast. It does has its weaknesses though, he had to change the knuckes to aluminum because his kept breaking. But other then that its a good truck.

I like the look of the new OFNA truggy (Blazer SST) and I love this Storm SUT, but if I'm impressed by something else I would definatly be willing to swap.

well bought 1 2day, its black, and loox quite nice.

-Ult

I believe that he is reffering to his new SUT.

I just wasn't sure as his final list of choices were:

AE, HPI, traxxas. some support for GS, OFNA (truggy), and Losi

Look at his sig. now..................I should have a truggy by today as well.................

see my post in engines, breakin it in now. takin my time

-Ult

Back