Steering Servo Suggestion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hello folks!

Currently in the midst of a rebuild of my classic, classic Kyosho USA-1 Nitro Crusher, and since I have it torn down, would like to hear your suggestions on what servo (hi-torque) to put back in there.

A little background: I don't intend to race or outrageously bash it around. Mostly for running around the yard, that type of thing. I am planning on replacing the radio gear with my stock Revo gear, since I replaced my Revo radio gear with JR gear. I also plan to replace the current AA battery-pack set-up with a rechargeable set-up (either NiCD or NiMH, not sure which yet).

I'd like to keep the cost as reasonable as possible, but quality for this type of driving style outweighs the price on a servo that'll crap out on me.

After reading the guidelines on a post of this nature, I hope I've hit the main points, but if there are additional details needed, just let me know. Additionally, I posted a WTB thread for a .21 for this truck, so I hope this post does not seem redundant.

Thanks in advance!

Sorry! Forgot one key piece of info. Looking for a steering servo. My apologies!

Have you checked ebay?

you will get a lot of varied replys on this ..

i like hitec servos myself ...you could go with a 645 it has 130oz of torque & will steer your truck fine about $40 shipped. if you want to go inexpensive this is the choice. you wont find a better / cheaper servo

or if you can spend a little more go for a 5945 or 5925 both are digital servos with i think around 180oz torque will give more speed & strenght for steering each around $90 if your gonna run your truck a lot & can afford it these are nice

also you want a NIMH batt pack ...nicd's are more of a hassle with charge memory & such & are the older technology in batterys ..i would contact fasteddy the site admin here about the battery. he builds quality packs for just a little more than the ebay stuff you see

wannarunem: I plan on checking eBay once I get some suggested servo manufacturers. Thanks!

retarded pilot: I appreciate the input! Thanks!

the 645mg is nice for the price but if you want Absolute bombproof steering get the JR 8611....about 100 bucks, but it's bulletproof and has 260oz torque.....but if I were doing one of those classic cars I know I won't be bashing it and get the 645mg from Hi-tec

I have a spare hitec 645MG I could give up for your project. If you are interested I can check it's condition when I get home from work tonight.

Hitec 5645mg digital servo. alot of torque and since it is digital, it has a 2 year warranty.

How does $22 shipped sound? I'd take pics but I left my memory card at work... doh! It is in very good condition, I can get you pics by tommorow. LMK

monkeywrench ...sweetdiesel is a very well known & respected member here. if he says its in very good condition thats what it is

in fact if monkeywrench doesn't want it ..ill take it if the offer stands

retarded pilot said:
monkeywrench ...sweetdiesel is a very well known & respected member here. if he says its in very good condition thats what it is

in fact if monkeywrench doesn't want it ..ill take it if the offer stands

Thanks for the kind words RP! If Monkey Wrench passes, the 645MG is all yours.

lol mind if we turn this into a little auction? I'm willing to pay 25 shipped for sweetdiesels hitec servo. Hey sweetdiesel will you 645 work with futabu and airtronics radio gear? Is it a direct hook up or do i have to snip the ends and replace them. lmk I'm very interested.

Wait what. How did that happen? i got 25 shipped still? I thought you didnt want it?

Where and when did I say I didn't want it? I didn't realize this was an auction. If it is, take it, then.

OFNA buggy basher said:
lol mind if we turn this into a little auction? I'm willing to pay 25 shipped for sweetdiesels hitec servo. Hey sweetdiesel will you 645 work with futabu and airtronics radio gear? Is it a direct hook up or do i have to snip the ends and replace them. lmk I'm very interested.

Yes the servo works with futaba, I believe airtronics has a different connector type. BUT.....it is NOT COOL to start a bidding war when someone posts something for sale. Just think about it next time bud. :cheers:

Hey Monkey Wrench you want it you got it. Paypal me at

[email protected]

I'll get it out to you on Tuesday morning USPS priority mail.

Last edited:
Its not your fault its mine. Just thought you didnt want it. You will be pleases with you servo. GOod luck.