Revo 3.3 2065a and 2065r servo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rcaddict234

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
I have upgraded my servo on my Traxxas Revo 3.3 and the same problem happened to the stock servo and the upgraded one. Clarification: the servo is the 2065 series a and r. Does anyone know of “the best” replacement for this servo that would be better than the 2065 series and metal gears?

Whats the problem?
The servo seems like it binds or the gears warp so it won’t move unless you push it. I think the optidrive system was doing it but I’m not sure. I removed the optidrive and just used the receiver for the shifter.

The servo seems like it binds or the gears warp so it won’t move unless you push it. I think the optidrive system was doing it but I’m not sure. I removed the optidrive and just used the receiver for the shifter.
Did that solve the issue? That optidrive is notorious for causing ppl issues.

the opti shifter in well known to cause servo failure. try another micro servo without opti dr it might work.

Did that solve the issue? That optidrive is notorious for causing ppl issues.
Removing the optidrive solved all of my problems. No throttle stick or bad performance. I think the optidrive system broke it but if it didn’t I would like to get a better servo anyway.