Steering controlls on rc car issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zenith

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
for some reason when i try to turn right its not as sharp as when i take a left turn and I tried to adjust it with my controller but it wont turn more to the right it will just turn to the left someone tell me how to fix this please

You can pop the servo horn off and rotate it a tooth. That will get the travel closer to equal. Will have to reset the end points after that. It’s the part I’m touching in the picture. Your setup will look different then mine but it’s the arm hooked to the steering motor. Usually 1 screw in the front (higher end ones will have a screw in the side also) the pull it off. If it’s stuck use a small flat blade to release it.

Then power up the vehicle so the servo centers it self. Put all the steering back to zero on your controller. Line the front wheels up straight then push the arm back on. You can check it with the screw out in case you need to go another spline. When done make sure you put the screw back in it.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    293.5 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
can you send me a video please would be nice thx ;)

uhmm i still have 6.95 v left on my battery and when i use it in my car its slowed down like it wont go very fast

but when it gets past7.4 v it works perfectly fine like max speed no problem kind of perfect

were would i find that :c
If the low voltage cuttoff on your ESC is set to cuttoff the voltage then it will slow the car down when it hits that voltage. It is to protect the battery. You don't want to run a lipo below 3.0v per cell, and most esc's allow for a bit extra cushion there. Look in your manual.

i have a lipo battery 7.4v 30c 5200mAh FLoureon battery with 2 cells and what is the max amount battery voltage the pack can have because rn i am charging it again

Honestly I think you need to take a night to learn about your rc. You seem to be confused on common parts and setups. Also some general battery info. If everyone spoon feeds you info you’re never going to learn how to fix and maintain one. This is a rewarding hobby that comes with experience. Usually more bad then good but we learn as we go, research, talk to other hobbiest, and watch videos.

We have no info on what vehicle you have. A picture of a esc with no info. No idea if your burning down a lipo for no reason.

I like to help. But you need to make a effort too. Help us help you.

i have a lipo battery 7.4v 30c 5200mAh FLoureon battery with 2 cells and what is the max amount of voltage that battery can take
All LiPo's, except high voltage LiPo's, charge to 4.2v per cell. Storage charge to store them is 3.8v per cell. The lowest you want to run them is 3v per cell, but I usually make sure my low voltage cuttoff (LVC) is set to at least 3.4v per cell or higher.

nvm sorry
Honestly I think you need to take a night to learn about your rc. You seem to be confused on common parts and setups. Also some general battery info. If everyone spoon feeds you info you’re never going to learn how to fix and maintain one. This is a rewarding hobby that comes with experience. Usually more bad then good but we learn as we go, research, talk to other hobbiest, and watch videos.

We have no info on what vehicle you have. A picture of a esc with no info. No idea if your burning down a lipo for no reason.

I like to help. But you need to make a effort too. Help us help you.
ok i will sorry about that its just i kinda just started learning about rc cars-electric and still need to get more info so yeah
when i use my LiPro Balance Charger i have my settings to charge at 0.5A should i increase? after ik i will start learning on my own :)

nvm sorry

ok i will sorry about that its just i kinda just started learning about rc cars-electric and still need to get more info so yeah
Ok, then yeah, definitely check out some vids on lipo care and charging if you aren't familiar with that.

And fill us in on what you have. What car, what ESC, pics, etc.

No worries man. Glad you’re excited to get into it! Awesome hobby. Lipos can be dangerous if you do not know what you have or what the numbers mean or what to look out for.

yeah so my popp's died not to long ago and i kinda wanna start were he left off on also i am Excited to start get back to you guys when ik more if possible :)

Sorry to hear that man.

Post pics of you want to. People love seeing them! Maybe even help you identify what rc you have.

Redcat Volcano EPX Pro?

edit: It's a Redcat Volcano EPX Pro.