Starting problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johnny sciberras

RC Newbie
Reaction score
HI, just wondering if anybody can help. My car won't start seems to be not sucking the fuel. Have checked filter and it's clean . When your try and start it it just pop pop pop thanks in advanve

Turn your fuel screw to the right (not the left), turn it about half a turn, than prime your engine by holding your finger over the exhaust and pulling the pull cord a few times, by this point the engine should be ready to go, try to start it, if it starts turn the fuel screw to the left until the idle gets a bit lower than stop right before the car/truck turns off.
if it doesn't start, turn the fuel screw another half to the right and keep repeating the steps until you get it just right, if this doesn't work reply and ill try to give you another suggestion, cause i recently had the same problem but on a 1:16 scale.

Check and make sure theres no holes in your fuel lines. I had a pin hole in a line once and it caused that problem.

Thanks greywolf74, I checked the fuel lines and there doesn't seem to be a problem with them. I have put a little fuel in carby and under glow plug and still won't fire just That pop pop pop sound. Any other advise

Thanks highpowerguy. The problem with the Neddle is it was screwd all the way in should I come all the way out and then back in so many turns.

unscrew until the top of the screw head is level with the spot its sitting in, try that, if its revving high than tighten it (or loosen it, it depends the type of truck, but this is easy to find out, start the truck and what ever way lowers the idle is the way you turn it)

If my reply above doesn't work, try to work with a screw thats under the air intake (filter), theres a little needle valve under there and that controls your idle, as well... becareful with these needle valves, they are delicate if they are screwed in to tight.

I made a little diagram for you.

If this doesn't work, could you give me some pictures of the carb, engine (glowplug in and glowplug out) just to see where the problem is, and maybe even the exhaust cause I had run into a problem where my exhaust was causing a problem, that would be great if you get these pics for me.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:
To the OP, what car/engine are we talking about?
All MFG's of engines have a recommended starting point(so called "stock" needle setting) to star tuning from.

That would be the best place to start from.

So is the problem that the engine isnt starting or is the problem that the engine wont start because its not pulling fuel through the fuel line. If fuel isnt getting to the carb as I understood the original problem to be then no amount of tuning is going to help. Just sayin' cuz there seems to be soem confusion as to the nature of the exact problem.

So is the problem that the engine isnt starting or is the problem that the engine wont start because its not pulling fuel through the fuel line. If fuel isnt getting to the carb as I understood the original problem to be then no amount of tuning is going to help. Just sayin' cuz there seems to be soem confusion as to the nature of the exact problem.
I completely agree wit you Greywolf I think we need more info so we can understand the real issue at hand. How many gallons of fuel on this engine. maybe no pinch left to push fuel to the carb? And if you put fuel directly in the carb and it still just pops and doesn't run, it could even be a glow plug.