Starter Help for Losi 1 8ight 2.0 RTR

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dai

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Bought the above buggy on Tues just gone and I cannot get it started..I took it back to the shop and the guy started it staright away..I tried to start it loads of times yesterday and run down both the stater box batteries...Can anyone give me some advice..
Dai

Yes, I can hear the fly wheel spinning but the engine isnt fiaring...I've lined the flywheel up with the engine and still it dosnt turn..The guy in the shop did it straight away, I wanted to get it run in before I used it tomorrow but it looks like Ill be running it in all day instead..

by priming , i mean blocking the exaust with your finger to make the fuel go up the line until it reaches the carburator ...if it has no fuel in the line it wont start .....have you tryed a new plug ?? is your glowplug ingnitor batt good ??

All batts fully charged, but havnt tried blocking the exhaust end..Will try that tomorrow mate thanks in advance hope it works...
Dai

good luck ...i know my revo wont start without priming ......just make sure to watch the fuel go up the line ..and remove your finger right before the fuel reaches the carb .....also ...might help to turn the throttle trim up a bit to start it ..or give it a bit of throttle with the transmiter

and if you get it started ...beat the poop out of it ...lol:D:p:

Last edited:
Lol it looks far too clean at the moment....will rag it when I get it broke in...

Are they using their starter box or yours at the LHS? I had trouble with mine at first, but changed my starter box from 12v to 14.4v and was able to get it started. I pre-heat my engine and prime it also.

Just a quick update, its all sorted, apparently the piston was pinched and locked in its up postion...I've just ran 3 tanks of petrol through it and going to walk it for another 3 later on tonight....can't wait to hammer it...