Start Up Issue

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dukes

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Morning good people.
Ill get right to it.
Have a Jato 3.3.
Been sitting around now for awhile, recently rebuilt the front end and ready to get it running again.
For the life of me i can't get this thing to start though.
-New Fuel
-Have a Pull Start
-New Ignitor
-New Glow Plug
-Needles set to factory settings
-Primed the engine
-Isnt flooded

I pull and pull and pull and pull and F

Only odd thing i notice is the High Speed needle seems to be difficult to turn.

Any help would be great.

The needles may have gummed up and clogged. Try removing them and soaking them in some clean fuel to clean them and then return them to the carb and start with the rich factory settings and tune from there.

The needles may have gummed up and clogged. Try removing them and soaking them in some clean fuel to clean them and then return them to the carb and start with the rich factory settings and tune from there.

Yeah my next step was just going to be dissasembling the carb, cleaning and trying again.
Just making sure i didnt miss an easier solution.
Thanks hambone

Yeah my next step was just going to be dissasembling the carb, cleaning and trying again.
Just making sure i didnt miss an easier solution.
Thanks hambone
Sounds good- you can also try heating up the cooling head... :)

Try putting a few drops of fuel down the carb throat and try starting it, if it starts then you most likely have a carb issue, on another note the HSN shouldn't be hard to turn.

Last edited:
Hi folks, I just purchased my first Nitro Truggy, with great excitment at home I followed the Instructions the store provided me but no luck in starting
mad.gif

I've tried everything but still not starting, the glo ignitor is fully charged and I even tested it by taking out the glo plug. The batteries are brand new, when I pull the cord no fuel seems to coming thro the pipe into the carbaretor.

Plz help!!!

progress.gif

Hi folks, I just purchased my first Nitro Truggy, with great excitment at home I followed the Instructions the store provided me but no luck in starting
mad.gif

I've tried everything but still not starting, the glo ignitor is fully charged and I even tested it by taking out the glo plug. The batteries are brand new, when I pull the cord no fuel seems to coming thro the pipe into the carbaretor.

Plz help!!!

progress.gif

Have you tried putting your finger over the end of the pipes stinger & then pulled the cord a few times to prime the lines?

Most all buggies, truggies, MT's and any other nitro needs the fuel line primed for the first start.

Try putting a few drops of fuel down the carb throat and try starting it, if it starts then you most likely have a carb issue, on another note the HSN shouldn't be hard to turn.
Unless he's over tightening the HSN....

Back