Stadium truck

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyosho138

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
what would be your sugetsions just for the Kit and the engine... thanks i kinda wanna go to stadium trucks

well heres my opinion:
the Rc10gt is a great durable truck and parts are extremly easy to come by in the rare occasion that it does somehow break.it is race worthy if you get the kit and even if you get the rtr version it is still race ready if your track lets you run .15 sized engines. but i would recomend going with the kit in the first place to save money down the road.a good engine to drop right into the truck is the os cv-r or cv-rx (i think the only difference is one is pullstart one is not)some good electronis i would suggest would be almost any decent radio and transmitter. go for the best servos you can afford (strong for steering quick for throttle). always run 20% in the .12-.15 engines (you can also run less than 20% if you prefer). another honorable mention is the losi xxx-nt, I've heard that it handles a little better than the GT but in my opinion they are almost exactly the same.the xxx-nt tends to brake down more often but parts are fairley easy to come buy. it is also a tad lighter than the GT but its a pain to work on (experience talking there -_-)the mst-1 would be in my opinion the budget truck becuase if you spend enough time figuring out what works well with it it can be a beast on the track even for bashing but i dont know much about the mst-1 except that the parts are harder to get than the AE or the Losi truck. if you want to bash with the truck though...stear clear of the losi in my opinion its the most finiky basher in existance and as i stated above a pain to work on. heres a link to a great Rc10 gt thread (TONS of info here)
RC10GT Forum

there yah go...any questions just ask.

I'm aiming for the Losi drake Kit... I'm pretty much asking what engine do u guys run... sometimes really fast cause I'm comming from 1/8scale buggies and I'm gunna be pissed with a slow ass car..

I'm not a newbie so u can give me some direct names... i know what eletronics I'm getting...

ok man that narrows it down a bunch! lol
I've seen alot of these drakes running around with the os cv-r in my neck of the woods...
and believe me even if the truck is a little slower you more than likely will take a little more time to get used to that 2wd :arrr: but its worth it once you get the know-how

I'm guessing you gonna be racing?
and alsodo you have a starter box?

I ran the OS 15 cv-r(x) in my xxx-nt (rtr) when I had it. Pretty quick engine. I'd gear it to the roof , drop the suspension and throw some pro-like road hawgs on it for parking lot use. If it wasn't set up for that, I ran 1 tooth smaller than the RTR came with with losi step pins in teh rear (best sticky tire out there) with whatever fronts that came on it. That thing would scream.

Side note, I ran 6 gallons through that engine, then traded the truck. New owner has put 1.5 (probably 2 by now) in the same engine and it still runs like a top.

ofcourse I'm gunna race man.. i wanna .12 3 port... I'm lookin at the top.12 cause i can get a modded version of it.. andi know all the stuff i need to do to get it race ready...

and i do have a little experience.. i took my friends rc10 gt and i kicked more ass then he does and it was my first time driving it.. his set up was horrible tho...but i still managed to kick some major ass... the rear end on his car is too stable for me.. i like being the driver of the car not the car driveing me.. but with my own car i can fix that... i know I'm gunna miss that power and the handeling with the 4 wheel drive.. but it seems like there is more wheel to wheel racing in stadium trucks.. cause buggies ur just spread out... i wanna be racing bumper to bumper fighting for a win

and yes i will be getting a starter box.. thats how i tune my buggy is on the box lol then i fine tune it as i run it... i find my sweet spot withing 5 min after warm up then i richen just a bit from the sweet spot

Back