Spectrum Reciever or Transmitter issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A little spot of wire is all it takes. Hopefully you got it nailed!:thumbs-up:

Reading through I just pulled some JR Racing Z270 Servos off another car. They are Analog servos and could be the issue seeing as your running it off a 2.4ghz system. I would get newer servo that was built to run off the 2.4ghz system and try that first!

I've never had an issue running analogs on my spektrums. The LST/2/xxl come with analog servos I think.

I may be wrong, I always had issues running analog on digital receivers, so it could be an issue, or in his case it could be something else, and its not being affected. I guess it all depends on whats what.

I may be wrong, I always had issues running analog on digital receivers, so it could be an issue, or in his case it could be something else, and its not being affected. I guess it all depends on whats what.

I know what your saying ,My sister had a servo severed by the center diff gear causing a short!

So ,its either something like that or what your saying with the analog servo!

Assuming this was not a constant issue with the truck, I think it's safe to say that Some sort of damage has occurs to cause this issue.;)

I have another receiver on the way. Got it for a good deal. I'll go from there first. Then the servos next. The fact that other servos were acting glitchy with same receiver prompted me to try another receiver.

Cool! Def let us know how you make out with it!

@Rusty Nail , your diagnostics seem right on. I'm more curious to know if this solves the whole issue, if you get better range etc...

Alright here is the outcome. I got another receiver plugged everything in and magic everything worked...at first...then the same thing happened!!!! SO...I took it down to the shop and let my buddy who is an electronics guy look at. Come to find out the D$@N radio has an antenna problem. He had another DX3S lying around and we checked the ordinal reciever and it seemed to check out.
So I was like what the hell! The way he figured it was that when he folded the antenna down things started getting weird. He messed around with the antenna and it had the servos going crazy lol. He opened the radio up and sure enough there was a nick in the antenna towards the top where it comes out into the external tube protector. The radio...never would have guessed it. So now I'm replacing reciever for my Futaba with some different servos because those look warn out anyway. Nice little adventure

Wow! I wouldn't have guessed that until the receiver replace either! (and only then by process of elimination!) Glad you got it figured! Thanks for posting back!

Back