Soooooo Tempted!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkey Wrench

My last words will likely be, Crap that didn't wo
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
It's a great looking kit, 57 chevy was my favorite car for the longest time, never had one though.

It's a great looking kit, 57 chevy was my favorite car for the longest time, never had one though.
Yeah, my Dad did all the work himself. Restored it back to factory, even added the fender skirts! He even won a few shows and it was his daily driver! I was supposed to get it on my 16th, but he sold it and, get this (true story) guy he sold it to have it to HIS son who, as luck would have it, went to my high school! That disgus put these awful rims on it, trashed the paint and hung his roach clips from the rear view mirror! Killed me seeing that car like that!

I'm lovin that El Camino and Chevelle
The Bel Aire looks like some wider tires in the back would set it off!

id have my order in alreay.just got a new hopped up computer loving the speed..

I saw the video the other day. It's a cool looking body on this one. But all the Kyosho Fazers are pretty cool looking. It's good to see RC companies doing licensed bodies.

Last edited:
Yeah, my Dad did all the work himself. Restored it back to factory, even added the fender skirts! He even won a few shows and it was his daily driver! I was supposed to get it on my 16th, but he sold it and, get this (true story) guy he sold it to have it to HIS son who, as luck would have it, went to my high school! That disgus put these awful rims on it, trashed the paint and hung his roach clips from the rear view mirror! Killed me seeing that car like that!
One of my biggest regrets......
Dad was a great auto mechanic by necessity, but he also just enjoyed working on cars. Unfortunately, back then, I really had no interest in anything automotive. The classic VW bugs were his specialty. When I was lad, he used to buy these, fixed them up, and then flipped them. I used to think that these were the ugliest of automobiles! He would often half kid around, and told me he would have one for me when I got my license.
Dad passed away when I was 16. By the time I was a senior in HS, these old Beetles have become extremely popular and highly sought after. Nowadays, I've become an admirer of these classics. Probably has a lot to do with the memories of Dad. Perhaps one day, I'll have one of my own.

Last edited:
One of my biggest regrets......
Dad was a great auto mechanic by necessity, but he also just enjoyed working on cars. Unfortunately, back then, I really had no interest in anything automotive. The classic VW bugs were his specialty. When I was lad, he used to buy these, fixed them up, and then flipped them. I used to think that these were the ugliest of automobiles! He would often half kid around, and told me he would have one for me when I got my license.
Dad passed away when I was 16. By the time I was a senior in HS, these old Beetles have become extremely popular and highly sought after. Nowadays, I've become an admirer of these classics. Probably has a lot to do with the memories of Dad. Perhaps one day, I'll have one of my own.
My first car ended up being a 1975 neon green Beetle. Passenger floor board had rusted out, so Dad cut an old stop sign to fit and pop-riveted in! Miss that little car, but not the headaches it caused me!

guy he sold it to have it to HIS son who, as luck would have it, went to my high school! That disgus put these awful rims on it, trashed the paint and hung his roach clips from the rear view mirror! Killed me seeing that car like that!
:oops: 😢

Roach clips on the mirrors, you're showing your age...:D