sometimes you don't even have to fly...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edfrombama

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
Good morning to all-
so this morning about 7:00 or so, I grabbed up a little microwarbird- the P-51, to be sur, and walked myself down to the flying field. this is a 30 acre or so hayfield with a paved road running along one side of it- a good enough landing runway for my little planes.
As I approached the field I looked off to the west where there is a small little patch of woods, and there's a tall old dead pine tree which tops over all the other trees. And on this day in the top of this pine tree sat another flier- and this flier is very, very good. A mature bald eagle watched me as I approached the usual take-off patch of road. There was no way I was going to fly in the presence of this master, so I just stood and watched the big bird watch me. We looked at each other for a about five minutes, and then the real master of the air took off and flew away. Folks, when i can fly my little planes as well as that birds flies, i will be very good indeed.
Then I put my little red-tailed plane on the pavement, took off, and had a fun ten minutes or so cavorting around the field. and then I did a base approach and final turn and brought the little plane in for a perfect, not even a bump- landing.
And that was how I spent my early morning. A good use of my time, I'd say.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

Good morning to all-
Remote uncontrolled- You are, of course, correct. I'll never get even close to what the birds can do- but I try.

and Lord, seeing that you are from Dumas- that takes me back. I grew up in Little Rock, and we went through Dumas, and sometimes got stopped by the local law, for speeding on our way to the Gulf Coast.

you all be safe and keep well- Ed

I love it when a flight goes as planned, even more so when wildlife is in view.