Something is not quite right with my nitro rc buggy

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingD

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi guys, new to the forum here, and this is my first nitro rc car. Its been sitting at my parents house for a few years and its pretty much brand new (i think i turned it on once years ago) but i remember something was not right. I recently took it home with me and tried to turn it on again. I am not sure if something is wrong with the servo or the transmitter/reciever.

There are a few things happening:
1. Sometimes when i power the rc car and the controller on, ONLY the throttle starts freaking out. Starts moving on its own.
2. When i turn the wheel of the car, the throttle responds.
3. I switched the throttle and the steering channels on the receiver and the opposite happened, throttle is fine and the steering is finicky. This leads me to believe that the servos are fine, and that it may be a issue with the controller/reciever.

What do you guys think?

It could the servo is bad.

If both servos worked fine in the one channel that is good then the receiver is bad. I always have spares to eliminate the problem. You may have corrosion on the pins on the receiver. Make sure your receiver battery is fully charger.

is there a way to post a video on here? I have a video of the issue

actually i just uploaded it on youtube.
check out the video below

ALSO is the servo supposed to be making a sound like that when I'm not doing anything?

you can see toward the end, i dont even touch the throttle and it starts freaking out

Sounds like servos are good...make sure receiver batts are good...Make sure there is no metal to metal contact this can cause glitches...if you have another receiver, replace the old receiver once you have checked and cleared all other possibilities.

Sounds like servos are good...make sure receiver batts are good...Make sure there is no metal to metal contact this can cause glitches...if you have another receiver, replace the old receiver once you have checked and cleared all other possibilities.
hey thanks for posting. I just replaced all the batteries in the car and in the controller. Same issue. I checked the contacts on the pins and they seem fine to me. Looks like ill have to buy another receiver and see if that sorts out the issue.

Bad receiver. after that transmitter. I always have spares.

Last edited: