something for a 6 year old

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michaelmcgau

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
rite fellas need advice here. I'm looking to get some sort of truck/buggie (anything offroad) for my 6 year old nephew. he loves my nitros but theres not a mission hes getting to play with them.
I know nothing about battery powered rcs so need advice on what to buy. something that can progress with him, maybe a way to limit the speed until he learns to control it if that is possible.
Now it will never be used for racing or used on a track or anything, it will be bashed around his yard and up here at the farm and it will probably be broke quite alot so it will need to be something i can get parts for easily.

thanks

4x4 slash, can be programed for training mode intell he gets use to it. Start out with a good nimh battery then laterdown the road you can up grade to lipo.

Does he want a monster truck, buggy, maybe a stadium truck? When my oldest son started at 3 I got him a stampede, which was great and it was passed to my younger son when he turned three. Now both of them, 6 and 10 have slashes and love them. Nice thing is the electronics are water proof, and they are quite durable. Only thing my older son has broken so far was the rear knuckles, which we replaced with RPM, so that's not an issue anymore. My 6 year old has not broken anything at all yet.

+1 on the pede. they are nice all around trucks. they have the ground clearance, and look of a monster truck. they also have the training mode, and are pretty tough.

Stampede or Wheely king for sure, great trucks for beginners!:thumbup:

I would also go for the Pede.

ncnitro- hes not fussed what he gets but like i said as long as its off road I'm happy enough, i thought of a monster truck cos of the looks and that they probably will take the most abuse but a stadium truck would do just as well.

duramax- haha i was actually lookin for a slash for myself to have a blast, suppose i could get one and kill 2 birds with 1 stone.

wheely king looks to be a good shout but I'm a bit of a traxxas man myself, iv got a couple of nitro traxxas and the seem pretty solid, could be time for a change tho.

Back