Nitro buggy restoration project

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HPI_lover

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am tackling a project as a gift for my dad for Father's day
It's a ofna 9.5 violator 1/8 scale nitro
It originally came with a .28 Schumacher engine and JX electronics package
The car hasn't run in about 8 years and has no motor, he has worked on and off on it for the past few years but never got anywhere with how expensive motors are
I have found the correct servos and reciver in order to use the original JX transmitter and purchased a .21 size dynamite buggy engine to get it up and running again
I am very limited on parts and any help or advice to get the old buggy running again would be greatly appreciated
I will update with pictures as it progresses

Here are a couple pics of how it is right now, I'll update again once I get the motor next week

Attachments

• 20220608_163603.jpg
    20220608_163603.jpg
    280.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20220608_163609.jpg
    20220608_163609.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 56
Looks good. Looking forward to seeing her finished.

Thankyou, I am really looking forward to having her running again, the person we bought it from said it actually won a 4wd buggy class once in the early 2000s
I also just eant to give a quick shout out to the awesome and kind people of nitro talk, you all are super kind and helpful, I definitely will be sticking around NT for a while, you all are the best!

Last edited:
Thankyou, I am really looking forward to having her running again, the person we bought it from said it actually won a 4wd buggy class once in the early 2000s
I also just eant to give a quick shout out to the awesome and kind people of nitro talk, you all are super kind and helpful, I definitely will be sticking around NT for a while, you all are the best!
i am also restoring one, if you need any parts or unable to find anything, let me know, i am taking the best out of 2 partial chassis i have to make one, and may have spares

Would you have the secondary electronics box and a servo with the standard receiver plug?
The throttle servo was one of lower quality and the plug is gone, did get the steering and receiver to work again fortunately

Would you have the secondary electronics box and a servo with the standard receiver plug?
The throttle servo was one of lower quality and the plug is gone, did get the steering and receiver to work again fortunately
I believe so, PM me