what electric RTR to a 10year old Boy ? Light weight if he hits her self ?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rccar4life

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
  5. Boating
Hi next weekend a relative will be 10years old
he have a dream get one great RC Car.

I was thinking give one of my 6s Kraton to him.

Then i feel these are way too heavy for beginner.
You know , i did crash into me self alot when i was young beginner.

Happy the rigs that time was light weight 1/10 tamiyas and so on.

I did sell away alot rc cars i have not drive in long time. There was many light weight cars, old and couple pretty new ones.

I believe i need help from you guys.

I have not read about beginner light weight cars at all in many years.

What is the best 2022 buy for one 10year boy ? light weight, super durable.
Great runtime, no wrenching almost. Pure fun, and durable extra tough light weight 4wd car.
We have a little bit snow wintertime, and i know he likes drive in snow also, he have drive my crawlers in snow and love it.
He wants faster car, no slow crawler he say.

i have 7.2v Nihm packs, and MANY 2s and 3s lipos and also old but great lipo charger to give.
Me and my wife have set the budget to max 250bucks
and we give bonus over these 250, we give him free charger and batterys also.

1 kid is 10year old boy
2 light weight but STRONG car, must take some beginner crashes
3 4wd and atleast 40mm groundclearence so he can drive when it have snow litte wintertimes
4 offroad car

I'm thinking a 3s rig maybe, and give him 2s lipo or nihm

i have seen this works good before, buy a higher rated LIPO rig, run it 1-2 cells less, they then last long, and handle crashes better because they are build for more.

So what car should i order ?
i prefer answers before monday evening, i will order one tuesday morning to be shure have it friday.
The birthday party is next saturday, and he needs the car then offcourse :)

remember it must be durable, lightweight, because it is a little boy that will be 10years old next saturday

I have had a similar thought for getting kids into rc. I can't give direct experience, but one I had considered might be a good starter vehicle is the Axial Yeti Jr., little 1/16 can-am side by side.

I would be curious to hear from people that have direct experience with hard driving kids...

For $250 budget there's not much out there in the name brands unless you get a brushed Mega. I think a 10 year old can handle Lipo. 2 or 3s. The Granite Mega would be a good choice.

Otherwise you are looking at off brands from Amazon...Bezgar, Laegendary, Haiboxing, etc. I started myself and my kids on these. They still run em today. They are pretty tough, hit around 25mph and cheap enough to not worry if it gets destroyed. Only issue is all of their "scales" seem to be way off. Most of those listed as 1/10 scale are really 1/12 scale compared to name brands.

Good luck! I'm sure he will have a blast with whatever he gets! ✌️

BTW, You were very adamant in that Arrma thread on AF that the new Arrma 4s line is for little kids, so maybe try one of those? 😂🤪😁

IN ADDITION @rccar4life - Here's some old pics of some of the Bezgar and other Amazon rigs I started out with to give you an idea of their sizes/types. The one in the track pic is a Bezgar SCT labeled as a 1/10 next to my 1/10 Slash. 🤔

20211003_182557.jpg

20210927_182429.jpg

I did sell away alot rc cars i have not drive in long time. There was many light weight cars, old and couple pretty new ones.

Great runtime, no wrenching almost. Pure fun, and durable extra tough light weight 4wd car.
We have a little bit snow wintertime, and i know he likes drive in snow also, he have drive my crawlers in snow and love it.

i have 7.2v Nihm packs, and MANY 2s and 3s lipos and also old but great lipo charger to give.

1 kid is 10year old boy
3 4wd and atleast 40mm groundclearence so he can drive when it have snow litte wintertimes
4 offroad car

i have seen this works good before, buy a higher rated LIPO rig, run it 1-2 cells less, they then last long, and handle crashes better because they are build for more.

i prefer answers before monday evening, i will order one tuesday morning to be shure have it friday.

remember it must be durable, lightweight, because it is a little boy that will be 10years old next saturday

1 kid is 10year old boy
4 offroad car

I have a 9 year old nephew I started him off with the Slash VXL with the bluetooth module and left it in training mode for a week or so. My brother just got him the Arrma Typhon 3S BLX and using the throttle adjustment on the back of the remote and well he’s beating my brother with both!!!! Traxxas would be your best bet every LHS has their products and they’re the easiest to work on IMO!!!! Y’all have a blast!!! Happy RC’ing Y’all 🇺🇸❤️🤘🏽🏁

Thank you all for helping me here.

Is there any cheap version of slash 4x4 ?
Because he need 4wd , to be able drive it winter also, we have little bit snow sometimes winter period.

Smilinbri

i really love that nice wall, i need fix walls like these self with wood DIY stands. Also print some funny signs like you have :) THIS IS AWSOME :)

so what 3 of all these cars are most durable ?

I have found something also from a shop decent locally

price only 180 bucks RTR . the best is they have all parts in stock, and they can also ship them home cheap and fast

passion-1-10-shortcourse-2wd-rtr 1.png

I did google, sadly find nothing, i have some info

PASSION 1/10 SHORTCOURSE 2WD RTR HSP/RIGHT​

wheelbase 325mm
motor Motor: RC550 brushed

2wd Slash is 100 bucks more here. I live in EU

Is this durable ? price is very fair. Question is will they handle beginners ?

i think also about winter, snow. Maybe these are able run with rear paddle tyres in snow ?
4wd is best offcourse

it is hard find 4wd at decent price

There is this

NEW V2 WLtoys 124016 cheap, 4wd​

this is maybe too light weight and smal ?

Wltoys-124016-1.jpg

more pictures about that Passion

passion-1-10-shortcourse-2wd.png

11.jpg

22.jpg

Is there anyone who owns this passion ? they can be sold with different brands i think

More info about this passion would be nice. Because it is cheap, and parts are cheap, also 1-2 days order time only, the car, and parts

Maybe the slash 2wd is worth 100bucks more, because then you are safe

Hmmmm

IN ADDITION @rccar4life - Here's some old pics of some of the Bezgar and other Amazon rigs I started out with to give you an idea of their sizes/types. The one in the track pic is a Bezgar SCT labeled as a 1/10 next to my 1/10 Slash. 🤔

View attachment 148816

View attachment 148817
The Arrma Senton is 4WD and a bit cheaper. I’ve swapped motors to a 3800 and 130a ESC. They also have their mega line which can be upgraded down the road. 🇺🇸🤘🏽❤️🏁

I did order one Arrma Senton Mega now, thank you vuduracing and all.

Next year maybe he is ready to 2s lipo brushless, i have many rtr combos laying in my basment from rtr that i did change to 3s before.
So he will get one next year if he is ready

this year nihm

Awesome!!!! Post some pictures and videos!!!! Happy RC’ing Y’all 🇺🇸❤️🤘🏽🏁

Back