So this not RC related but it’s car related

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRAT

Hardcore RCTalk User
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
  5. Flying
So I have two Mopars already both are 48s one is two door and other is 4 door both flatheads and led sleds. But now I’m looking at this little Mopar guy with built small block Chevy in it sure Mopar guys hate that lol 😂. If I do get it I plan on twin turbo LS setup with t56 trans ect. Going to go to Phoenix Thursday and check it out next week. What do you guys think?

BAE19E70-BD5C-45AA-84F1-C380DB4558C8.png

F931E990-82D2-4C62-BE8D-9C7AE5C4270A.png

5858065E-3BAF-41A3-8C21-9B4BA6F0DCFB.png

Not a big Mopar guy so the SBC makes sense to me lol.

I've always liked that body because it reminds me of the early Chevy II/Novas with a little more style.

The driver's rear quarter is a little suspect, might just be the picture but it has a little bit of that bondo build up look.

That old Valiant is sweet. My dad had a ‘65 Valiant back in the 60’s. I remember taking a cross-country road trip in that car in 1967. Guess that makes me an old man! 😂

Not a big Mopar guy so the SBC makes sense to me lol.

I've always liked that body because it reminds me of the early Chevy II/Novas with a little more style.

The driver's rear quarter is a little suspect, might just be the picture but it has a little bit of that bondo build up look.
Yea I’m going to look it over rear good. I do a lot metal work so I’m not worried about bondo to much I can cut and redo. Only thing I have to carful of lead filler which they did in the 60s for flex lines I only messed with lead one time.
Led ^^ I can’t spell for crap today long night shift lol
That old Valiant is sweet. My dad had a ‘65 Valiant back in the 60’s. I remember taking a cross-country road trip in that car in 1967. Guess that makes me an old man! 😂
We all are getting old ehhh. Yea I like this body style 63, small, light. As FJC said like the Chevy II. But more body lines to it. I do still love my Chevy II. But over rated and any car show you go to you will see so many of them. I like little more rare different stuff. That it’s hard to see on the street or car show. My 48 is super rare and won’t see many in person.

Last edited:
That is a cool looking car. I had a 70's Valiant that had the 318 in it. That car was a beast. I'd be converting back to a Mopar engine if it were me, but I just have OCD about those things.

If I were to have to be Hellcat drivetrain but god damn!!! The engine alone!! 💴
We will see for sure it’s going be set up pro touring I’ll do the Watts setup with fully adjustable suspension. Might have to sell few things around here soon.

Yea I’m going to look it over rear good. I do a lot metal work so I’m not worried about bondo to much I can cut and redo. Only thing I have to carful of lead filler which they did in the 60s for flex lines I only messed with lead one time.
Led ^^ I can’t spell for crap today long night shift lol

We all are getting old ehhh. Yea I like this body style 63, small, light. As FJC said like the Chevy II. But more body lines to it. I do still love my Chevy II. But over rated and any car show you go to you will see so many of them. I like little more rare different stuff. That it’s hard to see on the street or car show. My 48 is super rare and won’t see many in person.

I recently came across a post on another group I'm in that the guy was complaining about "some idiot using lead as a filler" on an old Land Rover.

He apparently had no idea that was industry standard for a long time. He also was unaware that it should be melted out not sanded out. He had removed it with a grinder and got upset when everyone told him that everything in his workspace was now contaminated with lead.

Reminds me of the Ford Galaxy or Fairlanes. Not a bad looking car, but those wheels!

I thought about putting in a hellcat motor in my 03 Silverado.

Idiot!! Yea it’s no longer used but in those days it was a seam line flex point filler Especially on unibody cars. My 67 was unibody and had a ton of led. Yes has to be melted out. It’s very soft.
Reminds me of the Ford Galaxy or Fairlanes. Not a bad looking car, but those wheels!

I thought about putting in a hellcat motor in my 03 Silverado.
I think the wheels kinda go right with it if your doing a pro touring build I would like a staggered my self which I may come up with something. All fender tub have been tubbed already got pics of the metal work. Looks decent but time will tell when I get there.
Not sure if any you notice I guess it’s got a decent size cam and it’s straight headers to side pipes. Kinda cool in a way but that would have to go.

Last edited: