sng's yota-New Pics-56k

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

slowngreen

Robmob is a Californian.
Staff member
Supporter
Excellence Award
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Well its been awhile since I've done a scaler build, my blazer and jeep tuber were the last ones I did and since I liked the scx as the platform on the blazer build I decided to use it again. I'm gonna build a toyota, I had a '83 that I sold last year and I'm gonna base it off that some what, but I will probably do a flat bed on this one.

Anyways, all I have gotten done really so far is I relocated my servo to get it out of the way. Hopefully I will get started on body work tomorrow evening, I also have my new wheels ordered and they should be here middle of this coming week...

001-99.jpg

nothing to it.

002-85.jpg

servo mounted.

004-61.jpg

Updates soon!

The yota body on the scx looks great, this should be a nice build! On your servo did you use the stock servo plate or is that a hands brother?

its a stock axial BUT now I'm seeing a problem, I think the way it is now, on full travel the horn will hit the pumkin, so I think I might make a new plate that I can mount in the same spot but mount the servo up as high as possible without having the horn hit the chassis or the axle....

Maybe turn the plate 180 degrees and have the mounts at the top, looks like that might give you a little more clearance.

actually I made a plan B wich I think will work.

007-29.jpg

011-26.jpg

009-30.jpg

got my electronics pretty much installed.

Gonna be running,

Sidewinder
CC BEC
645mg
3s
45t w/15t
dx3r

Nice fix for the servo, I like it's location!

Thanks Smaxxin. I got the tierod and horn all setup and it works good where it is, I might try to get a little bit longer horn but its not really necessary.

The chassis is available from Axial for about $35-40.

Nice work as always Lloyd, I have said it before and i will say it again I just don't have the patients or skill to build a scaler, so I will just keep watching you guys that do build them, LOL!!!!!

Small update.

Got my lid mounting done and got all the extra holes that thing has that I wont be using filled in.

005-49.jpg

008-37.jpg

Also got the first peice bent for my bed. Should get a more dont tomorrow afternoon.

010-21.jpg

Also made a cheezy set of jumper cables on my lunch.

012-18.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Joe, I'm just planning on a small tubed bed with alittle bit of diamond plate and maybe spare holder or something. Nothing to indepth. I am hoping I will have enough room to make a tool box out of diamond plate that I can put my lipo in, not sure yet though.

Coming right a long there Lloyd, that would be cool if you can get your battery/tool box idea to work out.

Well unfortunatly I dont have very many digital pics of my toyota so I had to take a pic of a pic lol, anyways I'm hoping to atleast make a front bumper like the one I had pictured here.

001-101.jpg

002-86.jpg

Nice yota, I had an 82 model...Those things went almost anywhere!

Back