sng's scaler project...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, with you and Oldex chairing the Comforter Crawler Crew, aka the CCC, I don't see either of your rigs getting scratched any time soon. :hehe:

lol, I dont think rolex would allow any of my rigs with in a 50 yard radius of his, my stuff gets hammered man! if you saw the underbelly of my crawler you would crap your self lol.

this is a shot of my crawler the day after new skid, lower links, axle housings and mip's,....i dont want to show how she looks now lol
004-5.jpg

Last edited:
I like the paint or w/e thats on it now. looks like a california beach jeep. Well, with the exception of that huge JEEP sticker on the side.........

I agree, the Jeep sticker is hereby decreed to be lame. You are formally requested and required to remove said.

this is a shot of my crawler the day after new skid, lower links, axle housings and mip's,....i dont want to show how she looks now lol

Mine would look like that if I got to run it more than once a month ;)

dont worry all the jeep and new bright stickers are off now and so are the graphics on the side.

ok small update.....since this is a "scaler" and not just a crawler i wanted to have a system in it to be as real as possible to something i would drive.
so this is what I've got so far, sorry for the crappy pic, the batteries in my camera are dead so i used my cell.
but it basically two Eclipse (thats what they will be) 15's and a Alpine mb500 amp.

004-9.jpg

You know in a real Jeep that poop would be stolen the first time you left it parked anywhere, lol. The system in my YJ was stolen twice before I said f-it and put in a cheap ass radio.

But that does look very cool man!

I love the jeep body it looks great! What did you use to make the speakers?

I love the jeep body it looks great! What did you use to make the speakers?

Speakers....i bought a ipod dock and jacked the speakers, these speakers are sick cuz they are just like a little bitty sub, nice foam surround and they do move out just like a sub would.

heres a few more shots.
002-17.jpg

003-11.jpg

004-10.jpg

Well, with you and Oldex chairing the Comforter Crawler Crew, aka the CCC, I don't see either of your rigs getting scratched any time soon. :hehe:

LMFAOTG!

lol, I dont think rolex would allow any of my rigs with in a 50 yard radius of his, my stuff gets hammered man! if you saw the underbelly of my crawler you would crap your self lol.

You'll have to excuse me for a few minutes. I've crapped myself....again.:\

Lookin good man. Although I had the same idea with speakers and bought a similar setup from walgreens for one of my mall crawlers, since you built it first I'll throw mine away. I think you've done a great job on the build though. Just make sure it doesn't get all scratched up like that comp rig lol.

Don't listen to Alpine, for some reason he likes dirty RC's, the kind that would keep me up all night until I got out of bed and got out the q-tips and cleaning solution.

I like em dirty. can't stand to see so much money sitting on a shelf all clean.

thanks Charlie.

I've been kinda lazy lately but i have all my electronics now so i just gotta sit down away from this damn computer and put it all together.
the electronics are as followed....
xl5 esc
645mg (sealed)
27t
3000mah nimh
futaba radio/receiver

ok took a couple pics out on the "trails" as it were lol... i still have to finish my stereo, and put lights in it, I'm just gonna do headlights i think for now, and I'm gonna change my droop springs to super softs and see how i like that.
001-27.jpg

002-22.jpg

004-11.jpg

thanks brandon....its so much fun too, if you like crawling then i think you would like "scaling" cuz its just like when you were a little kid pushing your little cars around in the dirt but this bitch is powered!!! lol

dont say that crap, I can't afford what I've got now!

lol sorry chuck....well I've been out driving and damn, when this thing wrecks it wrecks hard!!! broke my drivers mirror off, the dash fell out, my stereo fell out, and i popped the removable top off!!! was pretty sweet though, pretty damn scale of a roll over lol.
I used industrial velcro to hold the body on and it didnt even budge after the wreck, good stuff lol.

maybe you should use it on the stuff that broke. lol