Small problems with the 3.3

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BIG PHIL

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I bought a T-maxx 3.3 three weeks ago and i wanted to see if anyone else has had these problems:
1. the wire going to the glow plug is run underneath a plastic motor protector from the factory. after a week the insulation on the wire had become stripped off, so i had to buy a new lead. i just didn't run it underneath the plastic piece again and it has been fine.
2. the pressure line from the exauhst to the fuel tank is laying on the header from the factory and melted the heatsheild to the header twice. i rerouted the line and ziptied it to the upper shock tower.

they aren't real major problems, just a little irritating. i am going to call traxxas also and see if this is a common problem or if someone just missed something on mine.

I have a T-maxx 2.5 it the same thing really it just the 3.3 is a bigger moter, Anyway my glow plug wire stop working after about a mouth. The same thing happy to mine as it did to yours it melted. After that i just desided not to use the line and just use a old fashon glow plug. I thing it's lot eser to use the old fashon glow plug then to use the wire starter because when i use to bash my car it would alway come off so you would have to put it on and what not after you use it. So i say you should just ditch that and use a glow pug starter. The outhing thing i never had the pressure line melt.

peace
Jonathan

On my Revo, I found the batteries on my E-Z-Start lasted longer without using the glow plug wire because the starter battery didn't have to heat the plug any longer. That, and the end that hooks to the plug itself was a PITA to begin with, so, as in the days of yore.........OFF WITH HIS HEAD!

i got rid of that wire when i got my first orginal 15 maxx when the with the truck,and this is my 3rd max and i cut that wire off b4 i fired up the 3.3

The heatsheild stuff on my 3.3 maxx melted during break-in. i think that they used a different material on the new ones, i never had this prob. with my 2.5 maxx.

Back