Sledge motor options

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrisgrim7

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone know the max diameter motor that will fit in a sledge with a sliding motor mount? Want 8s without reversing motor. Trying to go wider and shorter to fit.

Does anyone know the max diameter motor that will fit in a sledge with a sliding motor mount? Want 8s without reversing motor. Trying to go wider and shorter to fit.
Not to be a ass. But You really should introduce your self. Like the forum says when signing up and joining. Just like everyone else here has done before. Its a way of showing respect. And letting us know a little bout your slef.

Before you start posting and asking questions bud. And expecting guys to help and answer any question you might have.More guys would be happy to help you. And answer any questions you have..

Whats the reason why you want to go 8s. The Sledge isn't designed to handle 8s to be honest bud..

KC RC makes motor/diff mounts that are cradle style and use the stock mounts. They make them in a number of diameters. The diff mount design allows for the use of longer motors. No modification is required to your truck to mount this.

Last edited:
KC RC
My motor mount arrived and it's un-useable. The mounting holes for the hoops are miss-aligned and the motor sits crooked. I've contacted KC RC, no response so far. Since this is what I recommended I've posted their QA booboo. I've never had an M2C part that didn't work.

20231107_180811.jpg

Last edited:
KC RC has already sent a replacement. This is the fastest customer service I've ever crossed paths with.