slayer rims and tires

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fcat503sp

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
what rims and tires are replacement with out modification. i do not want epic bead locks. i only bash this truck. i know there are 1/8 buggy options but which ones fit? i hear 2.2 tires will work but on what rims? do you stretch them and fit them on the stock slayer rims? i am looking for something to hookup better in loose rocky conditions. any ideas?

The only direct fits I think are the ones offered by Pro-Line. The Switch, and Bow-Tie. As far as I know you dont absolutely have to use them with the EPIC beadlocks, but i could very well be wrong about that one.

Also, J-Concepts makes a tire as well, but I havent seen it in stock in a few monthes. J-Concept Goose Bumps.

Personally, I'm making the switch to 1/8 buggy tires for now, and will eventually get ahold of some SC8 tires for that scale look.

ok so if i make a swap to 1/8 buggy tires what rims and tires work (ie from what buggy make and model the lhs is clueless they say all that fits is stock i know he's wrong) the other good thing is that would open up possibilities for street tires :) also what size wheel hexes would be needed

Back