Slash Speedrun Parts List

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addict Rc

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Not getting these parts till next year
Heres the motor and esc
Radio and receiver
probably upgrade to 32p and a upgraded gearbox case to fit bigger motors
also whats some good wide street tires preferably 17mm i want super wide in the rear and narrower in front so a staggered offset also best lipos with high C ratings and high Amps

Heres the motor and esc
Radio and receiver
also whats some good wide street tires preferably 17mm i want super wide in the rear and narrower in front so a staggered offset also best lipos with high C ratings and high Amps
Why would you want the DumboRC radio when the GT3b is better and only $5 more?

Addict, here's a radio combo I've looked at for speed runs with the Rustler:
First the radio:

Spektrum DX3

Add an upgrade AVC receiver:

Spektrum 6ch

Good luck. 'AC'
I'm not sure that Id use a Spektrum radio for speed runs. Back when I was doing high speed Rusty runs, There was a fair amoutn of complaints online about the Spektrum radios not having good enough range, even compared to a GT3b or especially Sanwa/Futaba radios. Never tried it myself but that was a common complaint back then. Just FYSA.

Why would you want the DumboRC radio when the GT3b is better and only $5 more?
GT3b range is 100 to 200 meters dumbo rc is 400 to 500 meters thats why

05B838ED-79A5-4322-AB5F-93C579E584C4.jpeg

GT3b range is 100 to 200 meters dumbo rc is 400 to 500 meters thats why

View attachment 153384
I can tell you from experience that the range on a GT3b is at least a 1/4 mile if not further. I used one with my 100+MPH Rustler back when I used to do speed runs. Its got enough range on it that you can't tell which way the car is facing unless its moving. People used to use them for speed runs over Spektrum radios because they had better range than some of the Spektrums that were around back then.

I'm not sure that Id use a Spektrum radio for speed runs. Back when I was doing high speed Rusty runs, There was a fair amoutn of complaints online about the Spektrum radios not having good enough range, even compared to a GT3b or especially Sanwa/Futaba radios. Never tried it myself but that was a common complaint back then. Just FYSA.
I have a bunch of gt3b and gt3c radios. And in my opinion they are junk, I think the problem is not that much with transmitter but with receivers, some have decent range but some have ridiculously low range and super glitchy. I never used dumbo rc but from what I have seen they have good range. But instead of buying dumbo I would strongly suggest radiolink. Some people say it comes from the same factory and the same technology like dumbo, but for only 20$ extra you get digital radio with screen, bunch of adjustments and most importantly you can use it with many different models, just get extra receivers and price is not bad, they go for about 17 18$ on Amazon. It's my favorite budget radio hands down. (I haven't tried gt5)

I have a bunch of gt3b and gt3c radios. And in my opinion they are junk, I think the problem is not that much with transmitter but with receivers, some have decent range but some have ridiculously low range and super glitchy. I never used dumbo rc but from what I have seen they have good range. But instead of buying dumbo I would strongly suggest radiolink. Some people say it comes from the same factory and the same technology like dumbo, but for only 20$ extra you get digital radio with screen, bunch of adjustments and most importantly you can use it with many different models, just get extra receivers and price is not bad, they go for about 17 18$ on Amazon. It's my favorite budget radio hands down. (I haven't tried gt5)
The GT3 receivers arent the greatest quality but I dont guess you get much for $10. Its usually the antenna that gets a break in it during wrecks. It helps a lot of you use the antenna tubes to keep that from happening. Otherwise those RXs work just fine.

I do agree that a Radiolink radio would be better than the dumbo tho.

The GT3 receivers arent the greatest quality but I dont guess you get much for $10. Its usually the antenna that gets a break in it during wrecks. It helps a lot of you use the antenna tubes to keep that from happening. Otherwise those RXs work just fine.

yeah but i really want the range because i think i found a half a mile or quarter mile straight away road thats not busy so want to do some speedruns there

Although not great, definitely usable, and cheap recievers, I use to buy them in value hobby for 8$. But now I only use them in slow brushed cars. In nitro cars I use radiolink because I can't risk run away because of a glitch or range issue. But radiolink is definitely worth 60$, range more than you can see, no glitches, and gyro if someone needs it
Heres the motor and esc
Radio and receiver
I would strongly suggest to stay away from no name esc. I had at least 5 of those eBay unbranded escs, and they either never worked properly, not at all, or in the best case scenario died after 3 battery packs.

Some hobbyking stuff can be decent, but not perfect.

Hobbywing is the way to go, you pay a little extra but it works as it should. Never had any issues with castle but a little more expensive than hobbywing

Cheap unbranded motors can be hit or miss, I had a good luck with many of them, but fake esc is a no go for me, just waste of money

Last edited:
But now I only use them in slow brushed cars. In nitro cars I use radiolink because I can't risk run away because of a glitch or range issue.
The GT3 has just as much range as the radiolink and all Receivers have fail-safes built in to them to prevent run aways. You just have to turn the fail-safe on.

Last edited:
Back