Slash Mips x duty axles

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James nichols

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
So I got mips x duty axles for my 4x4 slash. The direction are pretty clear but on the front axles a spacer is needed by the axle carrier but I don't know if it need to go inside the carrier or outside by the wheel hex. I've attach pic of instructions

Attachments

• 15792217099475051736718329805488.jpg
    15792217099475051736718329805488.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 105
Yep,

Welcome to the heavy slash club lol
Be prepared to need stiffer springs

I tried it that way and it didn't seem right the axle moved around alot that way. On the rear the bearings are the same size but not on the front. The inner bearing is bigger

You may not need them on the front... been a while since I put the x-duties on my stampede 4x4 vxl. The stampede and the slash use the same everything in regards to the arms/hubs. I needed them on the rear, but I don't think I did for the fronts. The spacer is to keep you from crushing the bearings from the side when you tighten down the wheel nut. I had to fiddle with the rear ones on mine as the spacers they included weren't the right thickness for my aftermarket axle carriers.

Anywhere I put them dont seem right. If yve spacers are anywhere the nylon part of rubber wheel nut wont engage yve threads.

The reason you put it between the 2 bearings in the hub is because when you tighten down the wheel, it tends to squish the bearings together and bind stuff up.

make sure you are using the front stub in the front. they may be different length than the back ones. look at inst again back bearings are bigger on back axle

Back