Slash 4x4 Upgrades?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p0ndo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm planning on buying a Slash 4x4 Ultimate. I wanted to ask some people with experience what I should upgrade and what I shouldn't.

Yes. Definitely gonna get some RPM stuff. I want a green and blue so I'm probably gonna get the green and blue arms.

Off the top .RPM A-arms!... :thumbs-up:
I am also not planning to bash super hard. Still gonna bash, but I'm going to keep it somewhat low key. atleast for now.

I am also not planning to bash super hard. Still gonna bash, but I'm going to keep it somewhat low key. atleast for now.

I have a slash ,they are pretty durable out of the box ,they really dont need to many upgrades
for what a SC is suppose to be used for as they really aint met to be sent to the moon!..:thumbs-up:

Yeah. I do jump mine, just not super high. I got a 2wd and that thing was super fragile out of the box, but once I got most of the parts from RPM, that thing is indestructable.

The slash 4x4, stampede 4x4, hoss and rustler share a lot of common parts. I know for the stampede, most buy alloy shock caps out of the gate. The ultimate comes with GTR shocks on it though, so you should be good there. It also comes with alloy c-hubs/carriers which are something a lot of people upgrade to.

One weak spot is the slider axles. With a slash, they are less of a problem because you get less grip with the smaller/narrower tires.

You should be pretty good to go out of the box with that if you stick with the ultimate version.

Yeah. I do jump mine, just not super high. I got a 2wd and that thing was super fragile out of the box, but once I got most of the parts from RPM, that thing is indestructable.

The 4x4 flys very well ,maybe because it is better balanced an you have the front wheel drive
torque to alter the truck in the air for your landings!..:cool:

The slash 4x4, stampede 4x4, hoss and rustler share a lot of common parts. I know for the stampede, most buy alloy shock caps out of the gate. The ultimate comes with GTR shocks on it though, so you should be good there. It also comes with alloy c-hubs/carriers which are something a lot of people upgrade to.

One weak spot is the slider axles. With a slash, they are less of a problem because you get less grip with the smaller/narrower tires.

You should be pretty good to go out of the box with that if you stick with the ultimate version.

Oh yea ,forgot that the stock shocks are total JUNK!...:hehe:

Alright thanks for the info. I might get steel driveshafts just cause, but otherwise I'm not super knowledgeable with 4x4's

Oh yea ,forgot that the stock shocks are total JUNK!...:hehe:
I got big bores for my 2wd and the difference was huge. The ultra shock are pretty garbage, but a stiffer spring might fix that. Thankfully the Ultimate has the GTR shocks LOL

I got big bores for my 2wd and the difference was huge. The ultra shock are pretty garbage, but a stiffer spring might fix that. Thankfully the Ultimate has the GTR shocks LOL

I didnt get the upgrade shock ,my concern was the shock travel & rebound ,the shaft itself was too short ,
an the shocks harley had any rebound under its own weight!

Yeah. Another thing I had problems with on the 2wd was the servo saver. I kept hitting it and exploding it. That is like the only design flaw (in my opinion) on the slash. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I have the standard chassis on my 2wd.

Yeah. Another thing I had problems with on the 2wd was the servo saver. I kept hitting it and exploding it. That is like the only design flaw (in my opinion) on the slash. And I'm not sure what to do about it. I have the standard chassis on my 2wd.

I had no problems with the steering on the 4x4 yet ,I dont even have a clue on what that
area looks like yet!.. :hehe:

1620152382758.png
The servo saver sticks out just a little bit. but its enough to catch if you jump a little wonky (btw this is not my slash, this is just some picture i found on the internet).

Yeah. The LCG chassis protects the servo saver way better. but i never got it for my 2wd.

I bought the slash used ,the original nerf bar was already broke ,so I improved them!... :hehe:
I mean, if it works. that nerf bar ain't breakin on anything