Slash 2wd LCG Problem

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

p0ndo

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got the LCG chassis for my 2wd slash and the Blue Anodized Aluminum steering links hit the skidplate. Anyone else have this problem? Or a solution to this problem?

Pics would help us determine the problem. When I did my conversion, all the suspension links did not need any tuning. Make sure they are installed in the correct places. The only thing that was different was the steering linkage (connects servo saver to bellcrank), where it needed to be shortened to the right length (on the instructions on the kit).

Pics would help us determine the problem. When I did my conversion, all the suspension links did not need any tuning. Make sure they are installed in the correct places. The only thing that was different was the steering linkage (connects servo saver to bellcrank), where it needed to be shortened to the right length (on the instructions on the kit).
Best pic i got. i think the only solution to is to grind it down

Attachments

• IMG_20210522_140106.jpg
    IMG_20210522_140106.jpg
    216 KB · Views: 173
I just dealt with this same issue today. I ended up having to put a washer (ptfe coated, traxxas part number 1985) on to each post on the skid plate for the bell crank. Then I used a flat head screw and threaded it through the bell crank (screw head facing the ground), threaded the steering link end on to the screw, then put a self locking nut. Basically;

put the washer under the bell crank for added clearance. Then use a flat head screw and a self locking nut. Reverse direction of the screw and use the self locking nut to secure the steering linkage.

same thing with me I just left it and I have no problem

Had the same problem as well. I used a hobby knife and kinda just removed some of the part that was rubbing. Everything is back to normal.

Best pic i got. i think the only solution to is to grind it down
Maaaaaaaan, thread the button head hex screw thru the bellcrank arm from the bottom with the lock nut up on top!

Always google the Traxxas front or rear assembly exploded view and if you can follow the dotted linesthey show you the direction/ order of everything🤘