Slash 2WD axles for ECX Torment.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

biggman100

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I broke yet another set of axles on my Torment, so, my question is, aluminum HR Slash axles, or Traxxas HD plastic axles? I only run it on 2S, and, even with the slipper as loose as I can get it with it still moving, I break stock axles right and left. It does have an aftermarket Axial spur in it, but I don't see how that could cause the issue I'm having. I break at least one axle every time I run it, and I'm almost ready to just give up on it.

I broke yet another set of axles on my Torment, so, my question is, aluminum HR Slash axles, or Traxxas HD plastic axles? I only run it on 2S, and, even with the slipper as loose as I can get it with it still moving, I break stock axles right and left. It does have an aftermarket Axial spur in it, but I don't see how that could cause the issue I'm having. I break at least one axle every time I run it, and I'm almost ready to just give up on it.
If the slash shafts fit, look into a jato drive. That was the hopup on Trx rwd years ago. I can't remember if its 10 a shaft or 10 for both.

Imo plastic or steel on drive shafts.

If the slash shafts fit, look into a jato drive. That was the hopup on Trx rwd years ago. I can't remember if its 10 a shaft or 10 for both.

Imo plastic or steel on drive shafts.
Traxxas makes an Extreme HD plastic shaft for the 2WD slash, and, even with a 3800KV motor and Arrma BLX100 ESC, i havent broke one of them yet (and i am extremely hard on my one 2WD Slash), so, I'm thinking i am just going to put those in the ECX. They are only around $25 a pair. I have spent more than that on stock ECX axles and even the Aluminum ones it just broke were almost $40 for the pair.

Slash 4x4 driveshafts. I'm running a 3900kv motor on 2s with the slipper turned half a turn back from full lock and I have yet to break a driveshaft in the last 4 years.