Slash 2WD and 4X4 spur question.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the spur for the Slash interchangeable between the 2WD and 4X4? Some sites say yes, some say no, so, what is the real answer? This was the one i found that started this whole thing: https://www.amazon.com/Hobbypark-54...as+slash+4x4+spur+gear&qid=1682225244&sr=8-10
I run revo, tmaxx and jato spurs. The one with the funny center cut out, stay away from. These should work. Get a Robinson hardened pinion and not look back.

Divide the pinion and spur will give you the ratio. Do the same on 32p to get as close to the ratio you have or want.

Do NOT buy this type.
https://www.google.com/search?q=tra...d-att-us-rvc3&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

I run revo, tmaxx and jato spurs. The one with the funny center cut out, stay away from. These should work. Get a Robinson hardened pinion and not look back.

Divide the pinion and spur will give you the ratio. Do the same on 32p to get as close to the ratio you have or want.
Believe me, after owning and building 1:1 race cars for years, i know how to find gear ratio's. RC car's arent really any different than 1:1 cars for the most part.
This all started because i was searching for a 32P spur for my Slash 2WD, so i can run a HW 5656 4700KV motor i have, that has a 5MM shaft. I already have a bunch of 5MM 32P pinions, so, i figured finding a matching spur would be the quickest option. The other issue i keep running into is, most spurs i find are metal, and i would prefer plastic.

My little rant: I am not a fan of metal spur's for anything, but, in this case, i may not have a choice, since it seems that the only material they make 32P Traxxas spur's from is metal. In my personal experience with metal spur gear's, all they do is chew up pinion's, even the so-called hardened steel pinion's, and, i have never had that issue with plastic spur's. It seems that Traxxas is the only company that, unless it is 48P, spur's only come in metal. For any other make, i can find plastic spur's in 32P and Mod .01, except Traxxas, and i just dont get it. I also dont need the extra weight that comes with a metal spur, since i only ever run 2S.

Both Slash 4x4 slipper and center diff spurs are plastic 32P. Not sure if that helps 🤷🏻‍♂️

Any luck? Here's mine. .08 mod spur and 32p pinion. Factory traxxas plastic. Are you looking for traxxas style but not traxxas brand? I know Kimbrough makes a spur.

20230427_110820.jpg

20230427_110804.jpg

Any luck? Here's mine. .08 mod spur and 32p pinion. Factory traxxas plastic. Are you looking for traxxas style but not traxxas brand? I know Kimbrough makes a spur.

View attachment 164366

View attachment 164367
Actually, I'm just looking for whatever will work in a 2WD Slash that isn't metal, and the 4X4 spur looks like it will fit, but, I wanted to make sure before I bought one.

Actually, I'm just looking for whatever will work in a 2WD Slash that isn't metal, and the 4X4 spur looks like it will fit, but, I wanted to make sure before I bought one.
Jato tmaxx emaxx spurs, slash 4x4 if its the same style. I'll have to double check, I'm pretty sure 65 or 66 tooth touches the shocktower and or drive yoke.

Back