sky check out the vid of me testing the new springs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice air. Are you happy with the new springs? It looks like they handled those landings fairly well. Get a bigger ramp and you can join the rc mile high club (nothing nearly as intimate as the real deal, but just as fun....naaahhh.)

so far springs are great..thanks for the tip. (to improve performance) I call that jump a fakey! b/c i am faking landing on my roof then pulling it off. If I am going to be a member of the rc mile high club i am not going to be a member by flying my maxx.....

Is there any other names for tricks?

Glad to be of assistance. I'm sure you could do a search on extreme sports, skate boarding, motorcross, rollerblading, etc. and find a site devoted to nothing but tricks. That would give you some names.

Too bad on not wanting to fly your Maxx. They make awesome rockets when properly motivated, but to each his own. Enjoy the offroad handling the new springs will give you.

My personal favorite is the Mailbox Smash...neighbors don't like it so much when a 1:1 knocks over their mailbox, they really don't like it when a 1:10 does it.

For real... on a scale of 1-10 (1 being the worst and 10 being the best) how would you rate this jump. I ask b/c there are not many bashers in my area so i dont have anything to compair to.

What jump? The ones in the video?

For the ramp you were using and the fact that you pulled two 4 point landings out of what looked like a turtle and a tail end landing, I'd say around an 8 or a 9.

You need to get bigger ramps to play with in order to see some real fun.

see thats what i need. I need to see some real air so i can set goals for my maxx!!! I just am still unsure what this truck can take.

I've seen some scary air vids that will give you a real warm fuzzy as to what these things can do. Retread posted some that were pretty hardcore. On the TRAXXAS forum there was one fellow who posted some vids of his Maxx coming off of the Mt Everest of mounds like it had just jumped your little bike ramp.

i know of one dirt track. (zeplin hobby shop) The only reason i have not been yet is b/c I am new to the track enviorment and dont want to screw up. I would like to be able to go to the track with someone that has been before, so i dont look so wet behind the ears.:D

Just go.
Try during the week sometime when its less crowded.
You will be surprised at how much different it is. You will feel a bit new for a while and may even get frustrated. Don’t worry; everyone was new at one time. You will probably find a lot of people willing to help. Bashing is great, Racing is in the blood.