Skate Parks and BMX Tracks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wait a minute there was a bunch of RCs running it looks like.. plus why was she even on the track.. she knew the RCs were there she almost rode over the same one prior to her accident. Plus why she on the track ridding BMX no with helmet or pads. Shouldn't be out there in the first place. Plus the truck didn't hit her directly in the face. More the side shoulder area. Plus you shouldn't be going against the way the flow of the track. Tracks are one way.. so really it's both their fault IMO.. But pretty funny...
The guy with the RC was going back and forth both directions on the track too so it wasn't just her.

Granted it didnt hit her square in the face but if youd have taken an 1/8 scale MT to the the head & shoulder area youd have been ready to throw down with that guy or at least I would. That poop would hurt.

If that was my daughter or sister, the rc would be destroyed and then I'd be all over the yahoo running it. Maybe they had permission to run their rc's there but either way they clearly weren't being respectful.

There's peepee heads everywhere. Sometimes a peer needs to step in and coach them. I've had to do this at car meets. Well not even meets, but where we stop before going to race. Idiots revving their car to the moon and doing dumb poop in a public area. I try to be tactful at first but if that doesn't work, there's other resources.

At the end of the day, be respectful of those around you and treat each other good.

There's peepee heads everywhere. Sometimes a peer needs to step in and coach them. I've had to do this at car meets. Well not even meets, but where we stop before going to race. Idiots revving their car to the moon and doing dumb poop in a public area. I try to be tactful at first but if that doesn't work, there's other resources.

At the end of the day, be respectful of those around you and treat each other good.
So many of our car spots have gotten burned from people revving and doing donuts and hitting poop, damaging something on the property. Some of the spots were preem too. Some people are just dumb

So many of our car spots have gotten burned from people revving and doing donuts and hitting poop, damaging something on the property. Some of the spots were preem too. Some people are just dumb

Is the D word auto corrected to peepee 🤣🤣🤣.

Yea, it's super annoying man. A lot times it was people who don't even race or have a fast car. Like we had other spots that was good for the hardparkers. Then people make random groups and get everyone and their mom to show up lol. Like I'm not out here on a drag pack to hear your 350z Rev to the moon.

Is the D word auto corrected to peepee 🤣🤣🤣.
Yep lol

Yea, it's super annoying man. A lot times it was people who don't even race or have a fast car. Like we had other spots that was good for the hardparkers. Then people make random groups and get everyone and their mom to show up lol. Like I'm not out here on a drag pack to hear your 350z Rev to the moon.
Fr bro. And those annoying 2 step ricers. and the guys in FWD dailies trying to do donuts in reverse and then smacking in to something cuz they can't even get the front wheels to break traction. 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

The guy with the RC was going back and forth both directions on the track too so it wasn't just her.

Granted it didnt hit her square in the face but if youd have taken an 1/8 scale MT to the the head & shoulder area youd have been ready to throw down with that guy or at least I would. That poop would hurt.
Oh don't get it wrong I would have stumped on the F -ing truck. If I was hit by it for sure... I didn't say she was going the wrong way. I thought it was the RC truck.. I just said it was both their faults. Either way pay attention to your surroundings and watch out for other people if hit buddies and my self in the lower leg. It's no fun for sure...👍👍

Haven’t had issues. I try to stay out of the way and yield to skaters. Have over heard more than once with the notorious people say it scares them. It’s heavy, makes noise moving and landing a big jump can hear how solid it is. I don’t bring that one much and thinking of selling it. Too heavy for jumping on asphalt.

Hit a kid in the face the other day with the stampede. A bunch of maybe 8-11 yr olds not even skating just there were excited and running up the ramp watching it. I stopped a few times they were on the ramp. Some were telling the others to get out of the way but they’d go right back next jump. I cut a few close. Then one landed on a kids face and stayed there. It was near the apex of the jump so probably not going fast and is light. They were on the transition from the half pipe to quarter on the other side. He didn’t seem upset or say anything. Another kid took it off, was probably staring at the nudey witch stickers on the bottom. Idk he seemed ok.

Then I sent one for them and knocked out a shock screw. Was proud today I went to the skatepark and didn’t break anything afaik. Only bmx track I’ve found close looks like you have to be in their bmx school to use. Been meaning to talk to them but haven’t.

Reading the comments for that vid it seems the RC group reserved the track for the day and the girl was being a pest.

That still doesn't give someone the right to hit her with an RC car. But without knowing the circumstances behind it, it is hard to say who's really at fault.

The problem I have is that seems to be a video put up by the RC group. The title of the vid and the production of it seem to be laughing at the fact they hit a girl with an RC car. That is wrong on every level. I too would have smashed the dude's RC, then finished on him if that was my kid he hit.

We have a local skate park but it is posted no rc vehicles. :(
Where I live, every park and school are "no RCs". But if you aren't bothering people no one cares and you may even have some questions.

I've only been to a few tracks and I can tell you it looks WAY easier in the videos. Plan to bring some tools and break some parts.

I have a small skate park in my town that I run at, but if more than 1 or 2 kids show up, I leave. They don't tend to be there at 8:30am and usually by the time I've run a pack or two through a couple trucks, kids start showing up and I would have left anyway. I used to run nitro there, but they put a dog park in literally butting up against the edge of the skate park... really dumb move by the city planners as people with dogs all seem to be similar to the ones with kids that run crazy at a restaurant doing whatever they want. If there are skaters, some of the dogs will just sit there inches from them behind the fence barking and going nuts until everyone leaves. They do the same with my electric trucks, but nitro ones brings all the dogs to the edge of the fence and the people with the dogs don't like the noise. I've had the police called more than once. I have yet to have been asked to leave. Regardless, I don't run nitro there anymore, isn't worth the headache.

I had found a nice bmx track about an hour away that I've run at 3 or 4 times in the past 15 years. Had signs saying NO RC's (which I didn't see until the 3rd or 4th time). The last time I went there, there were people there and before I even got my truck to the track, they were screaming at me. Apparently it's publicly accessible, but privately maintained. I don't even try going there anymore.

A couple years ago, I found a public grass bmx track about 45 minutes away and I've been running there very often without any issues really. I've met 3 or 4 other guys that also run there and we all meet up regularly. We are all very respectful of the property (it's a park and maintained by the city). We don't tear up the grass, we don't leave garbage around, etc. I'm just hoping some idiot doesn't show up when we aren't there and tear up the place with a 1/5th scale or hit a kid on a bike. It's very rare that kids show up on bikes... it's grass, which is tough to pedal through. Usually if a kid shows up, they make half a lap, then leave anyway.

I have a small skate park in my town that I run at, but if more than 1 or 2 kids show up, I leave. They don't tend to be there at 8:30am and usually by the time I've run a pack or two through a couple trucks, kids start showing up and I would have left anyway. I used to run nitro there, but they put a dog park in literally butting up against the edge of the skate park... really dumb move by the city planners as people with dogs all seem to be similar to the ones with kids that run crazy at a restaurant doing whatever they want. If there are skaters, some of the dogs will just sit there inches from them behind the fence barking and going nuts until everyone leaves. They do the same with my electric trucks, but nitro ones brings all the dogs to the edge of the fence and the people with the dogs don't like the noise. I've had the police called more than once. I have yet to have been asked to leave. Regardless, I don't run nitro there anymore, isn't worth the headache.

I had found a nice bmx track about an hour away that I've run at 3 or 4 times in the past 15 years. Had signs saying NO RC's (which I didn't see until the 3rd or 4th time). The last time I went there, there were people there and before I even got my truck to the track, they were screaming at me. Apparently it's publicly accessible, but privately maintained. I don't even try going there anymore.

A couple years ago, I found a public grass bmx track about 45 minutes away and I've been running there very often without any issues really. I've met 3 or 4 other guys that also run there and we all meet up regularly. We are all very respectful of the property (it's a park and maintained by the city). We don't tear up the grass, we don't leave garbage around, etc. I'm just hoping some idiot doesn't show up when we aren't there and tear up the place with a 1/5th scale or hit a kid on a bike. It's very rare that kids show up on bikes... it's grass, which is tough to pedal through. Usually if a kid shows up, they make half a lap, then leave anyway.
I love that place in your vids. Do many cool jumps to hit, and there seems to be good landing pads as well.

Back