Skate Parks and BMX Tracks

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polyboy33

RCTalk Basher
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
I see a lot of Youtube videos of people driving their RC cars at skate parks and BMX tracks...was curious if people have had any push back or negative experiences when trying to drive at these locations? I have a couple of skate parks and one bmx track within 15 miles of me but have always been a bit hesitant to try and drive there.

Living here in Idaho and being retired, I can go anywhere during the week when the kids are all in school and never see anybody. That's a huge plus.

As long as you respect the other people using the facility, and the property itself, unless posted otherwise, you shouldn't have a problem, just play safe and be aware of what's going on around you.

Living here in Idaho and being retired, I can go anywhere during the week when the kids are all in school and never see anybody. That's a huge plus.
Congrats on your retirement! I envy you...I'm still 15 years away.

Congrats on your retirement! I envy you...I'm still 15 years away.
Got a while before I put down my wrenches. As far as the skate park and track. It's all about respect to other people.. and that the concrete always wins against a RC car/truck.😉🤣🤣. Probably early mornings would be best for the park. The track well is it a dirt track or carpet? That would be fun. The same applies there. Is there access to the track or does it get locked up over night. Another early morning place to bash I would think.. I would take a ride by and see how it is check into it... worst that can happen is told no..

I've never tried a skate park. I'm not aware of any around me nearby. The couple of BMX tracks I've been to at local parks all have signs that say "No RCs" but if no one else is there or only one or two people then I'll bash there anyway. So far no one has actually said anything to me.

As with anything, if its not against the rules, just be respectful. I remember years ago someone posted a vid of a rc on a bmx track smacking a girl in the face while she was riding her bike. Its idiots like that, in any hobby that will give it a bad name.

As with anything, if its not against the rules, just be respectful. I remember years ago someone posted a vid of a rc on a bmx track smacking a girl in the face while she was riding her bike. Its idiots like that, in any hobby that will give it a bad name.
I remember that vid! This the one?

Wait a minute there was a bunch of RCs running it looks like.. plus why was she even on the track.. she knew the RCs were there she almost rode over the same one prior to her accident. Plus why she on the track ridding BMX no with helmet or pads. Shouldn't be out there in the first place. Plus the truck didn't hit her directly in the face. More the side shoulder area. Plus you shouldn't be going against the way the flow of the track. Tracks are one way.. so really it's both their fault IMO.. But pretty funny...

I've only been in the hobby for a short period. One skate park but a good number of random spots so far. Mostly just random looks and some people stop out of curiosity, the xmaxx gets people's attention.

Some kids and their parents showed up to the skate park but I broke the xmaxx before they finished their ice-cream 🤣🤣. The kids definitely loved it.

I'm keeping my eye out for an abandoned construction site or something similar. There's no BMX tracks nearby and the closest motoX track is 2.5hrs. I'm also considering buying the T-bone racing ramp. Looks relatively portable and perfect for a soccer field.

I've only been in the hobby for a short period. One skate park but a good number of random spots so far. Mostly just random looks and some people stop out of curiosity, the xmaxx gets people's attention.

Some kids and their parents showed up to the skate park but I broke the xmaxx before they finished their ice-cream 🤣🤣. The kids definitely loved it.

I'm keeping my eye out for an abandoned construction site or something similar. There's no BMX tracks nearby and the closest motoX track is 2.5hrs. I'm also considering buying the T-bone racing ramp. Looks relatively portable and perfect for a soccer field.
I just bought the T-Bone external roll cage for my E-Revo and was eying that ramp too. Just got an email that T-Bone has a 15% off coupon this week too, pm me if you want the code.

Sunday early morning is the best time for construction sites, most companies don't work Sunday.
And christmas/new years day. No traffic.

If it isn't posted no RCs, or no motorized vehicles then it should be okay. But if it's posted, I would respect the rules. A lot of money, work and time goes into building dirt jumps and dirt BMX tracks, and larger powerful RCs will chew up the lips and landings pretty quick.

Back