Size MATTERS!!! HummVee H1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, here's a really cool detail touch for the front bumper. Bolts.
First I bought some #3 nuts. A bit costly at 33 cents each but they only had stainless steel.
Then I used super glue to stick them to the bumper...
010.jpg

Then a little automotive filler...
012.jpg

Let it dry overnight, sand it flush with an Emory board, fill it again.
012b.jpg

012c.jpg

After the final fill and sanding, it gets painted. Looks just like big ass bolts holding the grill guard to the bumper.
014.jpg

016.jpg

Started to dress the wiring for the front end...
Wire 2.jpg

Thank you for painting them the sand color to match the body. If you hadn't I would have had to start using the "A" word in this post....

Thank you for painting them the sand color to match the body. If you hadn't I would have had to start using the "A" word in this post....
I can't thank you enough for the courteous warning. I think the bumpers look awesome.

Can't beat 'em, join 'em.

Looks what else I found in the basement....Unfinished jobs down here. Hard to find good help.

Actually, I think it's finished except for securing the brass rear bumper. All the running gear is in and it's been waiting to go for it's trial run.
Well, come to think of it, there's some wiring left to be dressed and secured for all the flashing lights.

Actually, I think it's finished except for securing the brass rear bumper. All the running gear is in and it's been waiting to go for it's trial run.
Well, come to think of it, there's some wiring left to be dressed and secured for all the flashing lights.
Sounds like a great time to get started on it again :D

I started setting up a table in our basement but there's no place to work. Chris Craft boats, unpainted lids, TMaxxs waiting for parts...Unfinished projects EVERYWHERE. I can't even find my old recliner down here. Oh, and over here there's a huge chain and an old dog bowl behind the furnace.

I started setting up a table in our basement but there's no place to work. Chris Craft boats, unpainted lids, TMaxxs waiting for parts...Unfinished projects EVERYWHERE. I can't even find my old recliner down here. Oh, and over here there's a huge chain and an old dog bowl behind the furnace.
I haven't seen the bad dog in a while. I guess this old geezer named @Rolex must have beat with the ban hammer one too many times...

William, my UPS guy, showed up today with a 17 lb. box.
Here it is, the monster Humm-V, right out of the box. It will get stripped to bare bones, painted a military desert tan and mounted on a custom chassis.

View attachment 46946

That's not dust and scratches, but reflections.
View attachment 46947

View attachment 46948

For a better idea of its' size, here's the AX-10 lid on the roof rack.
View attachment 46949

Here's the Blade CX-2 ready for takeoff. This will be the color of the Humm-V once it goes to paint. Humm-Vs don't look right all prettied up, and Hummer H2s and 3s don't look right in military dress, so here's the right body for the right job.
View attachment 46950

Hard to believe, but that's a 2.2 Axial bead lock wheel and tire.
View attachment 46951

For size comparison, here's a few things everyone should be familiar with. An Axial 2.2 wheel, a Motorola RAZR and a CD.
View attachment 46952

It's still hard to relate to the size of this rig. It would probably turn my extended and widened Savage into a scaler.
Is that 1/5 scale?

Back