Size MATTERS!!! HummVee H1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been saving the links for the 3 you posted since I have to attach the body back on the frame to make sure of the fit.
Right now I have 5.55 X 1.69, or 141mm X 42.9mm. I'm hesitant to increase both sizes until I've checked the clearance.
I've also come across some really perfect looking 1.9s, but the just don't make them in the 2.2.

UPDATE!
UPDATE!
First update in almost 2 years!

Good luck on the Chris Craft build....
Chris Craft.JPG

Last edited:
The progress was cleaning the cobwebs off and dusting it?

That's the actual Chris Craft belonging to @FastEddy. It's become the iconic symbol of drawn out projects. :hehe:

For real, there IS an update on the big Humm Vee. It's been going through a total tear down, rebuild and completion in the last couple of weeks.
Stripped down to the bare frame, repainted and checked all the mechanical parts. Upgraded the brake servo from a micro.

Here we go, boys and girls:

018.JPG

More to come. I've got to reduce the size of the files.

Last edited:
021b.jpg

021a.jpg

hb4a.jpg

hb4c.jpg

hb5d.jpg

Yes, it's electric but it's using a 2 speed nitro Savage transmission with reverse, that's why there's a brake servo on the right and a
shifting servo on the left.

More to come. I've been cutting, drilling, soldering and painting brass till I can't see straight.
Bumpers. Scale bumpers. I just couldn't look at the "almost" bumpers that it came with.

That rig has signs of use...wth!

Ralph you should make a how too thread while you build the bumpers!

It's all starting to come together...
DSCN2079.JPG

I'm still undecided if I want to stick with that camo brown for some contrast or go with all desert tan on the bumpers.
The water can definitely stays in olive drab. I've never seen them any other color. Also added the big whip antenna. It's a carbon fiber rod.

Started some of the wiring...
el1.jpg

el2.jpg

Nice job on the bumper and can holder, and I like the tan/brown combo.

fbg2.jpg

fbg4a.jpg

fbg5a.jpg

fbg5a2.jpg

Screen behind the grill to enhance the look of the radiator.

Mud flaps made from cork sheet. Spray a little black on top and the rest looks like REAL MUD SPATTER!!! :p
rMudflaps.jpg

Back