Size MATTERS!!! HummVee H1

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rolex

Hoof Hearted
In Memoriam
Supporter
Military Veteran
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
William, my UPS guy, showed up today with a 17 lb. box.
Here it is, the monster Humm-V, right out of the box. It will get stripped to bare bones, painted a military desert tan and mounted on a custom chassis.

HV9.jpg

That's not dust and scratches, but reflections.
HV6.jpg

HV8.jpg

For a better idea of its' size, here's the AX-10 lid on the roof rack.
HV1.jpg

Here's the Blade CX-2 ready for takeoff. This will be the color of the Humm-V once it goes to paint. Humm-Vs don't look right all prettied up, and Hummer H2s and 3s don't look right in military dress, so here's the right body for the right job.
HV2.jpg

Hard to believe, but that's a 2.2 Axial bead lock wheel and tire.
HV5.jpg

For size comparison, here's a few things everyone should be familiar with. An Axial 2.2 wheel, a Motorola RAZR and a CD.
HV3.jpg

It's still hard to relate to the size of this rig. It would probably turn my extended and widened Savage into a scaler.

Last edited:
Man, that thing is huge! You're gonna need some clod axles to fit under that lid. And even at 17 lbs, it's still about 10 lbs lees than the Savage :D

Well, it's ready to take apart. I charged up the batteries and hit the floor with it. In about 1 1/2 minutes I had snapped off the driver's side mirror. Typical toy controls, full left, center, full right, and full forward and full reverse. Not digital, no in between.
I might have to do some serious research to come up with the right running gear.

its screamin clod axles definately and some big ol rock crushers

Clod axles with some 40 series beadlock wheels and some Moab tires, JK I'm not sure where exactly your going to end up with this one but I am sure it will be BAD A$$ as always when you are done, speaking of done what's up with the ugly truckling? Oh and now your going to need a bigger Helicopter to keep things looking more scale looking at your scaled down military base, LOL!!!!!!

Last edited:
cheese and rice thats big!

If this thing was any larger I'd have to get it registered and insured.

No, you only have to register and insure vehicles that are actually used. :D

Are you going to keep the back on or are you going to take it off?

Looking good!

I'll be leaving the back on since I never cared for the look of the open back or the slant back. It will be similar to the lid I had on my Tmaxx.

Maxx1.jpg

Holy Crap! That T-Maxx is actually outside.

Its not really, he photoshopped that background in! :D If he hadnt photoshopped it, all you would see is a cloth and a tin of polish in the background, and of course the odd one or two CCTV cameras. :D

Holy Crap! That T-Maxx is actually outside. :whhooo:

LMAO!! This was a daily runner, and not only did it see dust but it saw water and MUD!! The medications have helped a lot since then. :hehe:

Rear_Exhaust.jpg

That's REAL mud. :whhooo: I didn't paint it on.

Back