Silly Fast Mini Revo

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JettaManDan

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
After a year and half of owning my Mini revo..i decided to make it faster...think i went too far...:whhooo: the combo i tried out was the biggest pinion i could find..a 31 tooth from HopMeUp..and i dropepd in a new Sky Lipo 3s pack from hobbypartz.com that is a ridiculous 40c discharge with an 80c burst....result? well...i CANNOT go WOT almost at all...the power of the pack and the gearing means instant backflips even with a big wheelie bar on..i got it up to about it's original top speed an then punched it at which point it took off from the ground and got about 2 feet of air all on it's own and then flipped over and slid for 100 feet! i got 3 ok what "i think" were top speed runs out of it..it is an honest 70mph truck now..and totally insane! and after i glued the tires back on last night it managed to blow them all off again! lol! I'm oping in the next week or 2 to head over to a big parking lot i know of and do a video run of it...people have to see this :hehe: if you want a Revo to break every speed limit in the country..this is the combo to go with :whhooo: :D

Dan

You might try a couple of mods for your beast:

The center diff conversion will help a lot with the uncontrollable wheelie problem.

Beadlocks will help keep the tires on the rims.

Be very careful, your gona burn up that motor/catch it on fire with the heat. Keep it on concrete.

hehe....well i've always had major cooling holes cut in the body...and i have a heatsink on the motor to keep temps down...i'm keeping it on concrete for now...i'm gonna move the wheelie bar down to try to keep it down..but i like wheelies so don't want to do the center diff...;)

tried some more runs in a bigger parking lot and put a 2nd pack onboard to increase the weight (already have a full set of metal skid plates) and it STILL will just sky the front wheles anytime i got WOT..even when it is close to top speed..it's amazing really..but kinda unusable ;)

but fun to try....if i can i'll get some video this weekend...i tired this past weeked but my hatcam setup was a major FAIL lol!

wow..that guy is really is pushing his used Revo eh? lol!!!

Dan

here is video for you guys..with my drag bar installed :)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0kl5C0uRg0"]YouTube - 1/16 Revo Speed Madness[/ame]

"It's gone to plaid!"

LMAO love the reference there, and the movie. Nice vid BTW. I have no idea how the driveability was on a vehicle that small. But I can say that when my Pede was stock, I tried some speed runs on 3S. We GPS'd it in the low 50's, either spinning the tires and getting WAY out of shape, or wheelying over backwards. After breaking stuff from tumbling on the pavement, I gave up the top speed quest. It's all about the torque, and whoolies now. :D

Looks like its doin bout 30-35ish.

"It's gone to plaid!"

LMAO love the reference there, and the movie. Nice vid BTW. I have no idea how the driveability was on a vehicle that small. But I can say that when my Pede was stock, I tried some speed runs on 3S. We GPS'd it in the low 50's, either spinning the tires and getting WAY out of shape, or wheelying over backwards. After breaking stuff from tumbling on the pavement, I gave up the top speed quest. It's all about the torque, and whoolies now. :D

heh..thanks..yeah i had to get that in there...lol! without the drag bar it is so fast it is undriveable...i couldn't keep the wheels on the ground without it...so it is useless for bashing right now..plus with the huge pinion in it it generated a lot more heat...i have holes cut in the body and a big heatsink on the motor to help...but if i were to run it in grass i'd probably smoke the motor with that pinion...so i have to be careful...

Back