Show me your rattle can jobs

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks man. I decided against it on this one, way too many little angles and lines in the body...I couldn't get the water to bead right without puddling.

Ill have to do a how-to video on it, I have a blank lid lying around somewhere I will have to do it again.

I got it to come out well on some practice stuff but this body had very few flat spots so the water would run into all the angles.

Coulda been done but yeah all the squared edges woulda been a doozy... Next time grass hoppa!

005-2.jpg

for some reason i love the flat black[/QUOTE]

How did u get the flat? Paint the outside?

Yep, Krylon Ultra Flat black on the outside, and when it starts looking like crap, mask off the windows and hit it again and it will look like new. Now before all the "you can't use krylon" people jump in here, this aint my first rodeo, I have done several bodies over the years using the krylon ultra flat, and when you scuff the body before painting it, it will adhere well and not flake off like a krylon gloss paint will. You can paint the inside black and scratches wont show bad, or even cooler, paint it silver and it will look like scratched metal. But I use a regular lexan specific paint for the inside

Back